The wait begins...

James_TDi

Reaction score
The order was placed for my A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Black Edition S-tronic in Brilliant Black yesterday. Estimated delivery date is early August.

I get the feeling that the next 10-12 weeks is going to drag. :sadlike:

Reactions: Sandra, jojo and AtotheK
Exciting times James. Don't worry, the reveal will be well worth it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: James_TDi
Feel your pain... but it goes pretty quick to be fair! the build time seems to be quicker that 10-12 too at the minute. I ordered mine a month ago and i've been told it should be here at the dealers on the 28th june

Reactions: James_TDi
I was expecting a mid June delivery on mine (order placed at the end of March). Collecting it on Monday.

Reactions: James_TDi and AtotheK
Seems the initial estimate was about right... build week 30 (3rd week July) plus time to ship it to the UK.

Maybe the order numbers are up. Looks as though there have been a few lease deals knocking around at the minute to get ride of MY16 spec which might have slowed tje production time possibly. MY17 spec guaranteed today i believe...

Yeah, based on a couple of posts here from people just ordering I wonder if the Avant has a longer build time too.
I thought the MY change was around week 22/23 but will find out for sure in a few weeks.

On the plus side the Golf needs new tyres, rear brakes, an MOT and an air con service so I'll get more use out of those at least.