Buying A6 2.5 TDI Quattro - Different specs/what to look out for?

VAG-Slag

Reaction score
Berkshire, Surry, Hampshire tri-intersect
I'm going to be looking at getting a 2.5 TDI Quattro (manual) over the next few months.

I know there's a few different engines with different power outputs, hats the main differences (PD non-PD?) and are any considerably better/worse than others etc etc?

Budget is tight so it's likely to be a high miler. Is there anything to look out for other than the usual stuff?

Thanks in advance

Give me a shout, i have a good running one for sale... Rebuilt engine, new injector pump, timing belt done, quattro, xenon lights, etc. It's an estate with leather, sports spec and cruise control, ABS/ESP, 17" alloy wheels with tyres, etc...

What's your max budget mate ? I have a few cars, i have 3 quattro's at the moment... They are all cars i bought from customers in part exchange after i done much work on so could not let them go for a song !

What's your max budget mate ? I have a few cars, i have 3 quattro's at the moment... They are all cars i bought from customers in part exchange after i done much work on so could not let them go for a song !

I actually don't want to offend you, or waste your time... And although I probably could spare a grand or so at the moment, I've got a lot coming up and it would make a lot more sense to wait a couple of months before I start looking seriously. When I do though, I'll be sure I give you a shout! Thanks though Adam

Lewis