Bluetooth options

Matt268uk

A3 Sportback
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Good morning all.

As title says really. After fitting rns-e unit i'm now wondering what are the options of bluetooth integration. I was thinking of a highline bluetooth module so all the phone book options would become available but i also know that music streaming isn't an option with this method. are there any other options available that would allow music streaming, phone integration that would also be controllable using my mfsw ? I'm pretty confident in fitting this stuff, running cables etc but plug and play would also be an advantage. any thoughts or info would be great.

Thankyou. Matt.

Good morning all.

As title says really. After fitting rns-e unit i'm now wondering what are the options of bluetooth integration. I was thinking of a highline bluetooth module so all the phone book options would become available but i also know that music streaming isn't an option with this method. are there any other options available that would allow music streaming, phone integration that would also be controllable using my mfsw ? I'm pretty confident in fitting this stuff, running cables etc but plug and play would also be an advantage. any thoughts or info would be great.

Thankyou. Matt.

I had Bluetooth built in to my RNS-E so you could maybe try and get the standard Bluetooth unit for calls etc... Then I installed an aux in, in place of the cd changer in the glove box and ran the lead to under the armrest where I plug my phone in... This maintains the steering wheel controls etc because it thinks its controlling a cd changer. Could be an idea?

You could fit the OEM bluetooth module for phone integration then fit AMI and use a tune2air bluetooth adapter to stream music from your phone.

I have got a Kufatec Fiscon unit, it all comes up on the screen and the dash as it should and I can stream music too. It's spot on.

Look at grom audio or dension they're spot on apparently and also work with the mfsw

Thanks for all the input guys. @Scott_Crossley do you have the basic plus fiscon ? can i ask also if it syncs all of your phone book etc to your rns-e ?

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply.

I can't remember what Fiscon it is, yes it does sync all my contacts etc to the RNSE. It streams music through my phone aswell.

I don't need to touch my phone at all whilst driving, it's all done through the RNSE and the dash board. The only time I have to touch it is if I'm streaming music through it but obviously I change the song whilst I am stationary.....