Avant Side Lockers and spare wheel well

V8_Disco

Reaction score
Hi

Just getting to grips with this new to me Avant

The boot in the avant has two side lockers (that's what they would be called in a Land Rover) one is full of what looks to be an amp and speaker (?) the other looks the right size for a small bottle of oil, screen wash and some glass wipes, the door has a net for ice scraper etc

But on the drive to work today both doors came loose and I was not driving "that" fast ... The catches don't seem to engage

What am I doing wrong or are they just week? Have others fitted improved catches or for the one on the left (with the oil) just binned the lids and made a retaining net out of cord?

Now looking at the spare wheel (a full s line alloy to Match the others on the car) I seam to be missing some items in the insert ... What should be there? And how can I adjust the securing (nut) it seams one notch to long

Thanks all

If you have a matching alloy you shouldn't have anything in the polystyrene insert.....but you should have a plastic toolbox on either side of the wheel, one with a jack and the other with the tools to remove the wheels.

As for the locks/catches I can't help sorry.

Reactions: V8_Disco
If you have a matching alloy you shouldn't have anything in the polystyrene insert.....but you should have a plastic toolbox on either side of the wheel, one with a jack and the other with the tools to remove the wheels.

As for the locks/catches I can't help sorry.

Thanks I do have the tool boxes ... So space for jump leads or similar then... Excellent info thanks

Thanks I do have the tool boxes ... So space for jump leads or similar then... Excellent info thanks

I have my jump leads and a breaker bar wrapped in a towel to prevent it from bouncing about in the void above the spare wheel and below the folding floor.

Also just checked my latches and they are really tight so maybe the springs are weak.

Thanks ... Odd mine just seam to miss the catch a bit

Spring looks good... Need to fiddle more I think

As in not going in far enough as I've just checked mine and they give a definite click.
No click though one when I operate the system ... Hum

Thanks for the info I know at least it's something with my car or how I try to close them

Right ... If I pack the bottom of the hatch with 5mm neoprene they work ... So there is my problem

Reactions: carlcall
At least you've found the problem whether it be a temporary or permanent fix

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: V8_Disco
Yep just need to work out what to glue on thanks for the input

Used some black self sticky draft excluder I had in a box ... It's much better though so happy with that at the moment

Reactions: carlcall