Concert 1 > Concert 2

Craig Kelly

Audi newby
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just changed my concert 1 cassette player for a standard concert 2 CD player (not bose)

Can anyone tell me why it will not illuminate when the dash lights are on and also why it doesn't switch off when I switch off the ignition?

My car is a 2001 facelift Audi A3 Turbo, the canbus connectors fit perfectly, and having looked at both electrical pinouts they are identical.

The illumination & live pins are both in the same place - it should be a straight swap???

Please help me :(

The concert II doesn't use live and illumination wires. Although the connectors are identical the Concert II uses 2 can wires on pins 7 & 12 (I think) of the multipin connector.

Also which model of concert II did you buy? did it start with 8P or something else?
An 8Px model will not work in anything but an A3 8P car because it was the first car to use a seperate can gateway rather than the cluster.

Do you have anything in the DIS? radio station etc. Or does your car not have a DIS?

The concert II doesn't use live and illumination wires. Although the connectors are identical the Concert II uses 2 can wires on pins 7 & 12 (I think) of the multipin connector.

Also which model of concert II did you buy? did it start with 8P or something else?
An 8Px model will not work in anything but an A3 8P car because it was the first car to use a seperate can gateway rather than the cluster.

Do you have anything in the DIS? radio station etc. Or does your car not have a DIS?

Hi thanks for the quick reply, it works fine, CD & Radio, I dont know what DIS is, it just doesnt illumiate in the dark or switch of with the ignition.
The concert 1 doesn't use live and illumination wires either it uses identical pins to the concert 2. Like I said the can-bus connections and the schematics are identical

Yes the radio and CD will work fine, what I meant was the 8P has different can bus signals than previous radios, so even if your facelift uses can signals instead of CLK/ENA/??? (Can't remember what the 3 pins are called) the 8P radio will not illuminate or turn on with ignition as the signals are wrong.

You need a concert II radio from an A4/TT/A6 as these still have the old signalling.

Yes the radio and CD will work fine, what I meant was the 8P has different can bus signals than previous radios, so even if your facelift uses can signals instead of CLK/ENA/??? (Can't remember what the 3 pins are called) the 8P radio will not illuminate or turn on with ignition as the signals are wrong.

You need a concert II radio from an A4/TT/A6 as these still have the old signalling.

Thanks for your help, any particular year / or unit code I should be looking for ?

Yeah that would work for me, I'm new to the forum world, can you PM me a pic of one that doesnt have all the buttons worn off? I dont see a way to do it. Or is over email or what?

They are all new units taken out of cars for Audi when they were upgraded to Navigation units, so no worn buttons and very little use.

Reactions: Craig Kelly
They are all new units taken out of cars for Audi when they were upgraded to Navigation units, so no worn buttons and very little use.

Hi i've not heard back from you, how do I buy one?
cheers