Air con bust

Zache

Reaction score
So every time I press my aircon button the red light turns off as soon as I lift my finger of the button , I see this could be a common fault , booked in for the repair in a few weeks

Well possible but my car front the front looks like new not opened the bonnet

Just got mine back from audi for the same problem.
Once they re gassed the system it sorted it. Cost 70 quid .

Hopefully it's a quick easy fix, one thing I get a courtesy car for the weekend

What was the issue mate?

It seems that there are lots of these threads popping up now... it also seems that the A3 is due an Aircon service at 2 years... my car was about a month off 2 years and the aircon wouldn't get cold... cost £70 quid to re-gas even though I have a service pack....

In the 17 years I have had various VW / Audi cars I never have had driven everyday with aircon on just using it adhoc and at least once a month. There has never been a need for aircon service or a problem.

In my S3 I have done the same and theres been a problem like many posting on here... has something changed in the world of aircon that Audi have "developed" to squeeze more money out of us?

Nope and there is no conspiracy either because how would audi know who you'd take your car in to have the air con serviced. Mine was working ok before i had it serviced, but, like having the engine oil changed regularly, as the coolent is also a lubricant I believe this also should be performed at the recommended repeat intervals as well. However that interval does seem to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer..