Touareg wheels onto B7

E_KEL95

Reaction score
Whats all needed to fit these wheels onto a B7? My car atm is lowered on eibach 50/40 with spring perches going on as well.
Are adapters needed? Sorry for sounding dumb but when it comes to wheel fitment etc I can't understand any of it !

Attachments

• 5628974623_d4f29bb83e_b.jpg
    5628974623_d4f29bb83e_b.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 3,170
Reactions: Stanningtonglen
Been doing some research, guy on the passat forum I use to be on ran them on his b5.5 passat with 20 mm adapters on the back 18 mm on the front so I'm guessing this should be similar to a b7 a4?

As my Alphard alloys on my old passat fit my a4 fine.

yes si
Been doing some research, guy on the passat forum I use to be on ran them on his b5.5 passat with 20 mm adapters on the back 18 mm on the front so I'm guessing this should be similar to a b7 a4?

As my Alphard alloys on my old passat fit my a4 fine.

Yes, similar indeed.
By no means I'm an expert on wheel fitments and obviously it can be done as per picture above.
I personally would be worried about fitment issues with such high offset.
Even with added adaptors and spacers or a combo there still might be wheel-brake caliper contact issue, or since most of our cars are lowered rubbing problem.
on the other hand it is worth a try as they look stunning.

yes si

Yes, similar indeed.
By no means I'm an expert on wheel fitments and obviously it can be done as per picture above.
I personally would be worried about fitment issues with such high offset.
Even with added adaptors and spacers or a combo there still might be wheel-brake caliper contact issue, or since most of our cars are lowered rubbing problem.
on the other hand it is worth a try as they look stunning.

Am I right in thinking that if the ET of the wheel is higher than that of the car it can be brought down to that of the car but if lower it can't be brought up? If that makes sense or is it the other way around?

He said he'd no rubbing issues on the passat but obviously it's a different car so may be a different story on the a4, I'd really like to put them on but if it's to much hassle / clearance or rubbing issues ill not bother with it

they are 5x130 so won't fit unless you use 5x112 to 5x130 adapters. these will be about 20mm? so bringing ET50-60 down to ET30-40 which seems doable if they aren't too wide wheels (8.5s maybe?)

they are 5x130 so won't fit unless you use 5x112 to 5x130 adapters. these will be about 20mm? so bringing ET50-60 down to ET30-40 which seems doable if they aren't too wide wheels (8.5s maybe?)
I think they 9 wide, would this make them to wide? Sorry for sounding dumb but as I said when it comes to wheels am not to sure about them

Managed to find a spec sheet for these wheels if it helps anyone out with what I'd need to run them?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-25-19-21-25.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-25-19-21-25.png
    184.9 KB · Views: 333
Hi,
They are indeed 9'' wide. They are running a VERY meaty tyre. (275 width as stock)
Things you will need:

Thinner tyres - between 235-255. You are lowered to probably 235/245's
Spigot rings (not sure) - The centre bore on the back of aftermarket alloy wheel is always larger so it can be used on many vehicles. As the hub of the vehicle takes the weight of the car on the wheels, a Spigot Ring, or centre rings is needed to centrally mount each wheel perfectly.
Hub Centric adapters - These are 5x130 which means the PCD wll be different to your B7. You can google, 'spigot rings' and buy the neccessary conversion to take it from 5x130 to your B7 which i beleive is 5x112. Please check.

The hub centric adapter will also act as a spacer to clear the high ET of 60 on this bad boys..

Last edited:
Hi,
They are indeed 9'' wide. They are running a VERY meaty tyre. (275 width as stock)
Things you will need:

Thinner tyres - between 235-255. You are lowered to probably 235/245's
Spigot rings (not sure) - The centre bore on the back of aftermarket alloy wheel is always larger so it can be used on many vehicles. As the hub of the vehicle takes the weight of the car on the wheels, a Spigot Ring, or centre rings is needed to centrally mount each wheel perfectly.
Hub Centric adapters - These are 5x130 which means the PCD wll be different to your B7. You can google, 'spigot rings' and buy the neccessary conversion to take it from 5x130 to your B7 which i beleive is 5x112. Please check.

The hub centric adapter will also act as a spacer to clear the high ET of 60 on this bad boys..

Many thanks! I think im going to opt for these wheels seen a few sets on the bay so just need to sort couriers out an that, i'll keep yous updated

Reactions: DrStrange