really basic PC question

stewarta13wsb

Reaction score
Website
www.stewarta13wsb.plus.com
I've been reading a couple of threads about using a PC for car polishing... am I getting it wrong or do most people only use it for applying the wax/polish and then still buff it by hand to it's final shine with a microfibre, or do you use the machine with a different 'head' on it?

You can use it for both: it's variable speed and the heads are interchangable.

I struggled like hell getting my car through the printer but it went in the end and the results were spot on ;)

Regards,

Rob.

The general consensus seems to be:-

Wash car
Dry Car
Clay Car
Wash Car
Dry Car

(NOTE you don't have to clay the car everytime)

Apply polish with PC using either a polishing pad or cutting pad
Wipe off using microfibre cloth
If you have used a cutting pad, now apply less abraisive polish using a polishing pad and wipe off using a microfibre

Now to the sealant/wax.

You can apply a wax or sealent or both.

If you are going for a straight forward wax, I prefer to apply by hand and then microfibre off. I only use the PC for polishing. You don't really need power when applying wax.

I will apply a sealent first, followed by a wax. (all by hand).

hope this helps
Rich.

dickys3: why do you use a sealant then wax? I thought the point of a sealant was to seal whatever is underneath? Just interested.

The sealant and wax compliment each other.

Oh and the sealant I use is synthetic, so it protects the paint longer. The Wax I use is carb and doesn't last that long, but makes the car look great!

i 3 staged mine yday. useing merguires paint cleaner good stuff then polish and then gold class wax then final polish with a microfiber. i gotto say that paint cleaner is amazing got rid of some scratchs n stone chips blendid them in.