alloy size's

Toots

Reaction score
right fols i need help!!!

i have a 1997 1.8T A3.....

and i am wanting to put a set of alloys on it....obviously!!

the wheels i am lookin at are RS6 ones, in 17" but am having a hastly as to what tires the car will take with out scuffing,

from the supplier of hte wheels i have been advised that the car will take 215/45/17 easily with out scuffing, whereas every one else keeps telling me that they will scuff when cornering....

so you can see my dilema :crying: :wacko:

can any one help me out, as to what size wheels they have and if they have problems with scuffing etc!?

x

Toots said:
right fols i need help!!!

i have a 1997 1.8T A3.....

and i am wanting to put a set of alloys on it....obviously!!

the wheels i am lookin at are RS6 ones, in 17" but am having a hastly as to what tires the car will take with out scuffing,

from the supplier of hte wheels i have been advised that the car will take 215/45/17 easily with out scuffing, whereas every one else keeps telling me that they will scuff when cornering....

so you can see my dilema :crying: :wacko:

can any one help me out, as to what size wheels they have and if they have problems with scuffing etc!?

x

To maintain the correct rolling radius so that the speedo/trip counter read correctly you'll need 225/45/17 tyres.

As long as the alloys are 7.5J these'll fit the rims with no problems.

Provided the wheels are about ET35 then you won't have a problem with rubbing either, even if you lower it.

Go for 18" wheels... you'll regret buying 17".

My S3 was lowered and had 19" RS4 wheels then I had RS6 wheels and it never scrapped!