Stage 2+ S3 with standard clutch and single mass flywheel...

iLott

Reaction score
Afternoon lads,

Looking at buying an S3 with Revo stage 2+ mods and map. However it has the standard clutch but has a single mass flywheel fitted.

What sort of issues am I going to have in the future/ how long until I'm going to need a new clutch??

Any help appreciated!

iLott

If it's still on the standard clutch it's not got long left, If you do hard pulls and stuff I reckon it will burn it up fairly quickly. Infact he maybe selling it due to clutch issues, I'd avoid :B

I wouldn't necessarily avoid but make sure it isn't slipping yet and take into account the fact your going to have to change it and do a bit of haggling...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I have budgeted for a new clutch in the price I'm willing to pay. Am I right in thinking a new clutch and fitting a new clutch will cost me circa £1k? (Obviously I want an updated clutch) also what's the benefits of a single mass flywheel over dual? Apart from being cheaper?

Okay, I have budgeted for a new clutch in the price I'm willing to pay. Am I right in thinking a new clutch and fitting a new clutch will cost me circa £1k? (Obviously I want an updated clutch) also what's the benefits of a single mass flywheel over dual? Apart from being cheaper?

Be around that, as I am looking around too. Single mass flywheel, solid piece of metal that's generally lighter then a DMF...Less to go wrong/revs up quicker. Apparently you may get slight chatter on idle, but I cant say as I haven't heard a SMF on a S3.

The only advantages to an SMF are that it has only one moving part,and that's very unlikely to break.
It may allow the car to rev a little faster,but that depends on mass,relative to the stock flywheel.

Disdavantages...chatter at idle,which can be quite obvious,although you won't notice it when moving.

Avoid paddle type clutches as they can be pigs to use around town,as they don't tolerate being slipped,and tend to snatch a bit.

This thing is a better alternative if you want something that absolutely will not break...

Spec Stg3+ carbon-metallic clutch,rated to around 570lbs.

Reactions: COSTA_P, Samy boi and Hookmonster
The only advantages to an SMF are that it has only one moving part,and that's very unlikely to break.
It may allow the car to rev a little faster,but that depends on mass,relative to the stock flywheel.

Disdavantages...chatter at idle,which can be quite obvious,although you won't notice it when moving.

Avoid paddle type clutches as they can be pigs to use around town,as they don't tolerate being slipped,and tend to snatch a bit.

This thing is a better alternative if you want something that absolutely will not break...

Spec Stg3+ carbon-metallic clutch,rated to around 570lbs.
Good evening Alex
How much is this kit.Does it also comes with the release bearing..I think I need one too..I know my DMF is broken.Maybe time for a change.I hate to pull out this motor ever again..

Have a word with pat at LVS racing, ive just had LUK dual mass flywheel, sachs organic clutch, slave cyclinder, autotechnik fuel pump internals and cam follower for £1100, this seems like a cracking price and ive not seen it cheaper. Another positive is that Pat wont sell any old rubbish to you, he was more than helpful with questions i had and one of the first questions he asked me was what my car was running and where i was looking to get it to, this to me speaks volumes, hope this helps

Reactions: S3Alex