4. millsy75
5. Dan Sheeran (email)
6. Superkarl
7. crispynz1 NZ postage
8.tj 0785
9. Stevie e
NULL

Reactions: t8ups
Going great guys, 1 more person will automatically save you all £51.

Spoke to my rep at Euro car parts who has confirmed there is plenty of stock within the company so no delays on time scales.

Thanks
Trups

Reactions: Sandra
so.... i'm considering this now (i like to see pretty pictures and that you know....)

and if it's going to end up to be something like this

Screen Shot 2016 06 17 at 073727

(https://hidretrofit.pl/audi-a3-s3-8l/)

instead of lighting about 10-15meters ahead... i'll be your 10th

Last edited:
Reactions: t8ups, crispynz1 and superkarl
the group buy will close by the end of this month, so anyone locked in with more than 10 buyers will get the £399 price, if you wanted it in a few months it will be the £450, projectors and brackets will be in stock.

Trups

Some output shots of these projectors, these are LHD ones as no one in the UK has them yet:
Dipped beam - Look how wide they are (this is just 1 projector)

High beam

Mini H1 Vs the D2S

The D2S 3.0 ones may be available but it will be a lot more as they are a struggle to fit in the housing without fab work. The Mini H1 7.0's are just as good. :)

Trups

Reactions: IPG
the group buy will close by the end of this month, so anyone locked in with more than 10 buyers will get the £399 price, if you wanted it in a few months it will be the £450, projectors and brackets will be in stock.

Trups

Thats ok with me Trups just cant aford them right now. Moving hous it costs a bit :). So you will defenitly be hearing form me.

I'm in (AUS)

(when do we get to choose options like what bulb, black inside, UV coating?)

;)

Thanks mate!

That's not a problem. postage to Oz can be done for £25, there is a set on this group buy going to new Zealand so not far off.

extras like paint can be done on a individual bases.

Bulb choices will be lists, I take it you mean what colour you want the output right? if so then there will be 4500k, 5500k and 6500k. Painted internals are an option for sure, did you want anything that was grey inside to be painted black I take it like in the link?

UV coating I would have the body shop do a clear coat on the lens so they don't fade like OEM ones just to give it that extra protection if you wanted, id need to speak to them on this but I think it would be around £20 per pair, if more that one person wanted it done it may be easier for them as I would drop them sets in a whole batch so they only have to fire up the booth for a cycle to cure it once on there, they will then wet flat it and bring it back to shine. :)

Trups

Makes me wonder when people want to charge 10 quid to send a dipstick handle over and say "that's just how much it is" ... Well there goes my business.

What reasonable shipping!

Yeah so for me please:
- black surround
- UV
- 6500K (scientifically proven to increase alertness due to decreasing melatonin- yes I'm a nerd)

Postage for a set of sidelights is £9.20 to oz lol, I use that service to be on the safe side as its tracked and signed for, these will go with a larger company so don't worry on that.

when you say surrounds that's full black apart from the indicator reflector and the full beam reflector right?

Trups

Hi Trups, i'm not sure yet exactly which additional options (if any) I will go with. I need to do some research as i'm not that knowledgeable on lights! Do I need to let you know by PM before the end of the month?

Thanks

Millsy75.

Hi Millsy.

What will happen is once the 10th person signs up I am happy to then explain all, I will need a £200 deposit to secure it all so you will all then be locked in as I don't wanna buy in 10 sets of lights, convert them and then people drop out, il be left with items I wont be able to sell easily. Once I complete each set for each member I will need the final payment before I can post out which will be by the middle of August for the last set to leave me. so throughout July I want to be focusing on building these lamps up.

I will then put on the options like paint work, extra clear coat on the lens and then the colour options with some pictures so you can then decide what your final spec will be for your headlights.

The bracket and projectors will be the same across, the options are just how you fancy them been.

Thanks
Trups

Reactions: shaunevo6
Perfect!

Pics will be a big help (when the time comes)

Thanks mate

Millsy75.

Postage for a set of sidelights is £9.20 to oz lol, I use that service to be on the safe side as its tracked and signed for, these will go with a larger company so don't worry on that.

when you say surrounds that's full black apart from the indicator reflector and the full beam reflector right?

Trups

Yeah so like in tufftys thread he's opened up the headlight and coloured all the non important bits black? Is this doable?

(Disregard the styling in that link I had in my post. I was just mainly posting the pics up to show the spread of light... The styling on that page is pretty ugly)

Yeah so like in tufftys thread he's opened up the headlight and coloured all the non important bits black? Is this doable?

You are on about the joey mod... I didn't do this on mine...

<tuffty/>

Come on Ian, put yer name down & let's get this thing moving.

1. Erikn89nl LHD - EU postage
2. shaunevo6
3. s3 cyp
4. millsy75
5. Dan Sheeran (email)
6. Superkarl
7. crispynz1 NZ postage
8. tj 0785
9. Stevie e

You are on about the joey mod... I didn't do this on mine...

<tuffty/>
Oops

Thought I had seen you crack yours open to do it cuz your done everything else :p getting confused.

Come on Ian, put yer name down & let's get this thing moving.

2. shaunevo6
3. s3 cyp
4. millsy75
5. Dan Sheeran (email)
6. Superkarl
7. crispynz1 NZ postage
8. tj 0785
9. Stevie e

I thought I had already confirmed... @t8ups
PMing now...

ian, that's you added on the list.
@t8ups we now at 10 trups. :)

2. shaunevo6
3. s3 cyp
4. millsy75
5. Dan Sheeran (email)
6. Superkarl
7. crispynz1 NZ postage
8. tj 0785
9. Stevie e
10. IanPG

Reactions: IPG
Fabulous - thanks Sandra and have pm trups as well

LOL

Is there anymore, shall we give this a few more days? If we start earlier the quicker you guys can have them, as I have a base to work on if anyone wants to join in they can do.

Trups

Reactions: sheeran
Hi All.

Had a call from euro car parts who said that the housing that I have asked them to make sure are within the UK are all there, I asked for 11 pairs as 1 set is going to the USA for the brackets so as we are at 10 we will need to arrange proceeding to the next stage.

So as said, I would need £200 deposit from 10 members to get this all started, (if anyone else wants to add on between now and the end of July they can and the same deposit terms apply) the remaining payment will be needed before I post them to you, I want these all complete by mid August as 1 set of lights is around 2 days to build without any paint work etc.

Extra options list:
Paint insides of headlights - £50 (front trim and rear reflector surrounds) They come in Grey.
Extra Clear coat - £20 per set

Bulb options - 4300k, 5500k and 6500k. - 2 year warranty.
Ballast included which are EM Tuning ones. - 2 year warranty.
Ice white high beams - £12
LED sidelights - £8
Chrome amber indicator bulbs - £5.

Postage outside the UK i will need an extra £25 but will refund accordingly.

Remember, i need 10 orders to be able to give the setups are £399.

Any questions then please ask.

Thanks
trups

@shaunevo6 did you just send your deposit to me?

If members want to send deposits across they need to be paypal Friends and Fam or BACS. PM me for details.
@Tj 0785 has spoken to me on this.

I need this info PM'd to me please.
NAME:
ADDRESS:
USER NAME:

BULB COLOUR:
ANY EXTRAS:

Need that so I can print them off and have order sheets ready so when I'm building them they are easy to understand so all are done to the specs ordered rather than me thinking in my head I know it all lol.

Thanks
Trups

I did indeed :) sent via paypal gift.

Shaun

Reactions: Sandra and t8ups
2. shaunevo6 - DEPOSIT PAID
3. s3 cyp
4. millsy75
5. Dan Sheeran (email) - DEPOSIT PAID
6. Superkarl
7. crispynz1 NZ postage
8. tj 0785
9. Stevie e
10. IanPG

Last edited:
Hi Trups, I just read the post where you're asking for information - extras etc. I thought there were going to be some pics posted to help people (and me) decide what they wanted as i'm unsure on finishing details.

Also I was under the impression nothing was being started until the end of the month? Are you requesting the £200 deposit now? It's fine just not sure.

Thanks.

Hi Trups, I just read the post where you're asking for information - extras etc. I thought there were going to be some pics posted to help people (and me) decide what they wanted as i'm unsure on finishing details.

Also I was under the impression nothing was being started until the end of the month? Are you requesting the £200 deposit now? It's fine just not sure.

Thanks.

Hi bud.

I was waiting till the end of the month to let it run till we got the 10th person. We now have 10 members that want them so rather than delay we could start the ball rolling so I can have the brackets made up and then headlights starting to be built. The deposit is between now and the end of the month, if we don't get 10 deposits I won't be able to do the price at £399.

So the options in terms of colours was the bulbs, this is the output. I will get some pictures up do you can decide along with some info from me on what I personally think and what I find works bests and looks good. If your unsure on finishing details they don't have to be given to me until the end of the July so if you paid the deposit you could change it around a bit, as I stock the bulbs etc that's not a problem, the deposit is really to reserve your space/lamps as if I get 10 sets of lights in and I only get 5 members ordering Im Then stuck with 5 sets of lamps that if I return il be charge a stocking fee on etc.

Any other questions then please ask..

Trups

2. shaunevo6 - DEPOSIT PAID
3. s3 cyp
4. millsy75
5. Dan Sheeran (email) - DEPOSIT PAID
6. Superkarl
7. crispynz1 NZ postage - DEPOSIT PAID
8. tj 0785
9. Stevie e - DEPOSIT PAID
10. IanPG