Will an S4 B6 exhaust on an A4 B6 1.9tdi (already has a twin pipes)

JamieOS

Resident Eejit
Reaction score
I've already got a twin pipe and 1.8T bumper on the back of my A4. I'll be buying a rear bumper from an S4 B6 bumper off of a friend of mine and he has a few S4 B6 exhausts lying around from cars he has broken and I was wondering if one of them could be fitted to my A4. I've got some 3 inch tips on the end of mine, but they are just about flush with my bumper and don't stick out at all. The S4 bumper bulges out a bit more, so my tips might be too short, so I'll either have to try to extent mine, or slap on the S4 exhaust.

Are there valves in the S4s exhaust? What could I do about that?

The S4 exhaust is dual all the way through where as the 1.9tdi exhaust only splits after the centre silencer and it is a different diameter so it would take quite a bit of cutting and welding to fit but it's not impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The factory system has a "cut point" where the back boxes split off.

Its probably in the same place, so you'd just need to cut the S4 backboxes off and join them to the TDI centre section.

I dont know if the pipe routing is different beucase of the quattro though.

I forgot to mention my A4 is a Quattro. I'll just stick my car up on a lift and take some measurements and compare them to the S4 pipe.

As some of you have said, the S4 one is split the whole way, but mine is single pipe up until a certain point where it splits into two (somewhere around the middle, if memory serves me right). I'll just have to look at it on a lift. I really only need to lengthen mine by an inch or two, so there are plenty of options and ways to do it.