PD170 Replacement Turbo

Cyrix

Reaction score
Hey,

I need a new turbo for my 2007 PD170 Quattro. My current one is on the verge of death and won't last much longer.

I've had a ring around a couple of places and the prices seem quite high at £700-800, I've replaced turbos on other VAG cars which usually come in around £350 for a decent recon.

On ebay there are a vast array of prices ranging from about £300 up to £900, has anyone replaced one recently? if so where from?

Last year purchased a brand new in box Borg Warner OEM replacement for about £550 iirc. I got lucky on eBay and found this one.

Not much use to you but not much out there for ours apart from recon or new

Hi, i have a bv43 off a PD170 modified with a later CR 170 Bhp cartridge. You get better spool, a shiny billet compressor wheel and 2 oextra blades for better flow and better pick up from low revs. Drop me a pm if interested... Regards,
Chris 07789912128

I got a recon for my pd140 from midland turbos for 365 delivered.. 1 year on and remapped.. still going strong. Upgrade to garret gt2260 turbo for about 915 and they can make much more power.. if that what you want. Theyvsell an adaptor plate for around 40 quid so it fits straight to your manifold.

Thought I would update.

Bought a recon from Midland Turbos in the end @ £350. Seems decent quality, works well.

The tech documents suggest you remove the turbo from the manifold, leaving the manifold attached to the engine. Didn't work out that way for me as the nuts were too corroded. Even if they weren't they are quite awkward locations. I ended up removing the manifold/turbo as one unit and refitting the same way. I was also able to remove the turbo without touching any of the exhaust, which saves a little bit of time.