Cooling fan on a lot

Snake Pliskin

Supporter
Reaction score
Are other owners finding the cooling fan is on an awful lot after driving their cars ?

I blame spirited rpm in 'dynamic' lol ... but does surprise me how even after a short run the fan can be on cooling it down quite often when you turn off the ignition.

Reactions: strizzle
Mines the same, even after a chilled run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I think it's a modern car thing. They want them to get hot ASAP to reach max efficiency ASAP.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I think it's a modern car thing. They want them to get hot ASAP to reach max efficiency ASAP.

Hmm never thought of that - good suggestion !

It seems to run very hot, remember that burning smell in the first few thousand k's?! No longer "burns" but fan seems to be always on once stopped. I'm fairly sure I read a post somewhere that it's intended to stay on for a while once stopped just to cool everything down.

TX.

Edit - running the car with the windows down (all 4) due to hot temps and the noise is phenomenal. Ears still ringing from yesterday + no idea how Audi got it through the noise regs! I heard a rumour though that they had their knuckles rapped and that the facelift will be so much quieter :innocent:

Reactions: AndyB-S3, kayemill and Snake Pliskin
It seems to run very hot, remember that burning smell in the first few thousand k's?! No longer "burns" but fan seems to be always on once stopped. I'm fairly sure I read a post somewhere that it's intended to stay on for a while once stopped just to cool everything down.

TX.

Edit - running the car with the windows down (all 4) due to hot temps and the noise is phenomenal. Ears still ringing from yesterday + no idea how Audi got it through the noise regs! I heard a rumour though that they had their knuckles rapped and that the facelift will be so much quieter :innocent:

Best post yet about the FL!