just shamefully ordered some red bits for my S3 :)

Did you not read Max's awesome 'how to' ? - your supposed to use Bravissimo for the photo background ;o)
There was no way I was going to use my Man's mag stash...lol:readit::sex:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Max-Robbo
Did you not read Max's awesome 'how to' ? - your supposed to use Bravissimo for the photo background ;o)
Makes for a more entertaining mod, I find ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
You notice the overspray on the flaps on the square holes around the ball section of the vent....I did anyway...lol

Oo er over sprayed flaps indeed !!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Max-Robbo and pburv
Just managed to get the rear of them done before bedtime...lol
The second pic is just for Max and Rob aka The pervs... Dear Deidre lol:whistle2:
DSC 0262

DSC 0262

Attachments

• DSC_0263.JPG
    DSC_0263.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 196
Reactions: Max-Robbo and Rob2k68
C'mon Rob! I know you are following this thread with interest...
You going to do it??

Think so mate should have some under the radar free time this Friday afternoon LoL.

When is the vent fully red tho - when closed by turning the silver ring or by pushing in the centre part ?

Reactions: pburv
It's fully red when the centre part is pushed in, so what I'd say is 'normal' position, silver ring doesn't affect it mate

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I was 50/50.... But I'm now 80/20 at least on doing this!

Reactions: Max-Robbo, pburv and Rob2k68
How do you get the vents out of the dash....do they just pull out as don't want to have to have to damage dash

Reactions: pburv and Max-Robbo
How do you get the vents out of the dash....do they just pull out as don't want to have to have to damage dash

I've not done it but believe them to just pull forward use a plastic trim removal tool to help persuade them out if needed - think the dash is squishy around them so recovers it's shape anyway.

Reactions: Max-Robbo and pburv
It's one of the best mods i've done i think. Looks quality in the cabin, can't believe Audi charge £300 for it (well I can believe it actually).

The vents come out real easy. I have a 2 year old so used one of her plastic spoons to go around the vent egdes, then you just prize/pull it off, should only take 10secs per vent.

If you follow the guide listed above you'll be done in no time. Shout-out to @Max-Robbo for the guide.

Can't wait to experience all the extra BHP from them today...

Reactions: Max-Robbo, pburv and batch
LoL good drills looking very good indeed !!

I'm a little concerned about the topless blokes tho ......
Just a little twisted joke with the blokes Rob....:haha:
They certainly ain't my 'cup of tea'...lol:salute:

It's one of the best mods i've done i think. Looks quality in the cabin, can't believe Audi charge £300 for it (well I can believe it actually).

The vents come out real easy. I have a 2 year old so used one of her plastic spoons to go around the vent egdes, then you just prize/pull it off, should only take 10secs per vent.

If you follow the guide listed above you'll be done in no time. Shout-out to @Max-Robbo for the guide.

Can't wait to experience all the extra BHP from them today...
Go careful on the throttle today mate... ;) they look great, good work!

@Daz4311 - what @Rob2k68 said! Just don't use anything sharp and you'll be reet

Cool...I'm gonna do this ready for when I get my new replacement lol....found a set of 4 on the bay for 65 quid so all good

I pulled mine out with my fingers....My nails feel a bit sore this morning though.....lol
Do as Rob and Max has suggested use a stiff plastic trim tool or something similar ...Just be careful not to mark your dash..:friends:

Cool...I'm gonna do this ready for when I get my new replacement lol....found a set of 4 on the bay for 65 quid so all good
£65..Bargain mate..Always good to have a backup..If you don't damage yours you can probably sell the others on at a profit?

Job Done!..:friends:
DSC 0264

DSC 0265

Reactions: Jassyo06, jimojameso, Max-Robbo and 2 others
Awesome job cant wait to have a go myself!
Cheers mate...:friends:
Good luck and don't forget to paint the back of the flaps...(Steady Rob...:hubbahubba:)

Reactions: Daytonapig, Max-Robbo and Rob2k68
Reactions: Max-Robbo and pburv
Excellent work mate they look ace !!

I'm toying with going a brushed silver alloy colour if I can get it otherwise it'll be red.
That would look cool..If you don't like it you could always change back to red...:friends:

Looking good @pburv !! These are sort of making me want to colour the aluminium trim.... :whistle2:

Also, I think silver could look pretty classy @Rob2k68 ! Photoshop could help?

@zippster just out of interest are the OEM Audi ones coloured on both sides ?

Reactions: pburv and Max-Robbo
Hey rob, going back out to th garage In a bit to attempt 2 change my rear interior light bulbs ?(don't know how to get to hem)

I'll take a picture . Front and rear of one..

Ps. Still have a new set up for grabs that lasted less than 2 weeks on the car ;)

Hey rob, going back out to th garage In a bit to attempt 2 change my rear interior light bulbs ?(don't know how to get to hem)

I'll take a picture . Front and rear of one..

Ps. Still have a new set up for grabs that lasted less than 2 weeks on the car ;)
Still seriously tempted to try this. But my spray work tends to look like it was done by a blind man with a fire hose.

Reactions: WarwickL, pburv, Daytonapig and 3 others
Still seriously tempted to try this. But my spray work tends to look like it was done by a blind man with a fire hose.

Reactions: pburv, zippster, batch and 1 other person
Right ...... let's do this!!

The proper audi ones are actually red plastic and not painted so are coloured on both sides.

You're right ! - saw an RS3 with them at the w/e there's a fair bit of the underside surface showing through the outer rectangles if you have the vent directed too far away from centre. Gonna take a bit longer then planned but thanks for pointing that out ;o) .....

You're right ! - saw an RS3 with them at the w/e there's a fair bit of the underside surface showing through the outer rectangles if you have the vent directed too far away from centre. Gonna take a bit longer then planned but thanks for pointing that out ;o) .....
I will do some pictures in a bit but I'm pretty sure at some points in use you can see both sides and edges.

Mine are proper Audi ones

20160714_190412_zpsxuli4ie9.jpg

20160714_190422_zpsizystuew.jpg

Just checked and in the first picture you see the full front, when fully open in the second picture you can clearly see alot of the back also, so IMO you need to do both sides.

20160716_080800_zpshkxt2awu.jpg

20160716_080807_zpstypjevcv.jpg

Reactions: zippster, pburv and Rob2k68