My s3

Ant b

Reaction score
hello picking up a s3 2001 amk tomorow,
Few things I don't like or am not sure on.
The dis in the middle of the clocks is really bad and unreadable(reccomendactions).
The temp gauge sometime works and goes to 90 but sometimes doesn't move.
Also how can I make sure the quattros working,and say if you wanted 2wd does the traction control button turn it of(for dyno use etc)
All these problems are the same on my freinds a3 aswell

The dis you can send of to be repaired not sure if you have to send the clocks as well or if you can just remove the dis the Quattro to make 2wd pull the fuse the traction control button just turns of the traction control best way to test the 4wd system is to scan it for fault codes really

So even when traction controls of it will still be 4wd

If you not got anything to scan it with you could turn traction control of when it wet and floor it on take of and if it's working all for wheels should wheel spin in therory all the traction control does is cut the power when you wheel spin

Ok cheers will try that,might also do the thermostat

if it sometimes gets to temperature and other times doesn't move id suggest the temp sender rather than the stat. Its easier to change as well so would be a good thing to eliminate.

Fuse 31 is the haldex fuse if you ever want to/need to disable it. The haldex can be temperamental for a number of reasons: Plug connections corrode. Earth for the controller can corrode and snap. The oil and filter may not have been changed. The pre-charge pumps can fail. The controller itself can fail.

As for the DIS, this is really common, there will be plenty of threads on fixing it and there are lots of services out there for repairs.

Ok thank you are change the temp sender first then
Yeah the fis I nois a common proplem but I'm struggerling to find someone that is tried and tested and also a company refer than a man doing it in his shed

Is this the temp sender

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    499.2 KB · Views: 74
does you DIS improve once the car has been driven a bit?

I've just picked the car up and drove 100 mile,and it does move but doesn't sit at 90 bit it sometimes does