Audi A3 2016 plate config (old model)

babybanana

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I'm getting a new demonstrator A3 Sportback 1.6 TDI Ultra SE Technik which has the following:-
  • Audi music interface
  • MMI navigation plus with music storage
  • 10 speakers
  • Privacy Glass
  • Electric heating and folding door mirrors
  • 3 zone climate control
  • Fatigue detection system
  • Auto dimming rear view mirror with acoustic windscreen
  • Light & Rain Sensor Pack
  • Audi parking system plus
  • Automatic headlights + automatic windscreen wipers
  • Heated front seats
  • Diesel particulate filter
But I was wondering is it best to go for this or a car with quattro? My main commute can either be between 60 - 100 miles depending on traffic if there's a lot of traffic it's 100 miles round trip. about 45 minutes / 1 hour drive. I'm currently driving a Yaris at the moment and I've clocked in 50K since in the last 2 years and I'm doing roughly 25K miles a year. I drive mainly on the motorway and roundabout (20 a day!! )

I'm not sure weather to scrimp on the optional extras and go for quattro which has SD card navigation, standard audio and heated seats with dual climate control, or stick with this car with all these optional extras. This would be the first audi for me so I'm not sure what to expect. Ideally I would just like a comfortable driving experience.

I'm not sure whether to wait and build and configure a new A3 with the new facelift etc as I understand some of the optional extra in the old style A3 is now standard on the new A3?

Thanks,

Welcome along. Would you really need Quattro? Where do you come from? If snow is an issue then yes, it's a good option.
Yes, there are options on the PFL which are standard on the FL. Sat Nav for one is now standard across the range.
I'm confused regarding your daily mileage? You say it's between 60-100 miles traffic dependant? Do you take different routes if it's busy?
The question you need to ask, do you want all the toys the demo gives you or wait and order a FL car? I'd also check out an S-Tronic and manual car. I think you'll be surprised with the s-tronic.

Reactions: Usman786, Jassyo06 and pburv
First of all, let me tell you this will be a very economical car, I know they were starting to do a 1.6 Quattro, however I wouldn't bother with it unless your going for the 2.0 TDI 184. Why not compromise and go for an entry S-Line 1.6 which will have a much better residual value, and will give you much nicer standard options like half leather, bi-xenons, and 18" wheels while still giving you the practicality of the 1.6 engine?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Welcome along. Would you really need Quattro? Where do you come from? If snow is an issue then yes, it's a good option.
Yes, there are options on the PFL which are standard on the FL. Sat Nav for one is now standard across the range.
I'm confused regarding your daily mileage? You say it's between 60-100 miles traffic dependant? Do you take different routes if it's busy?
The question you need to ask, do you want all the toys the demo gives you or wait and order a FL car? I'd also check out an S-Tronic and manual car. I think you'll be surprised with the s-tronic.

Yup I can take a shorter route but I can easily sit there for 2 hours in traffic. If I take the longer route I can get to work in about an hour.
I live in Bristol and commute over to Newport area every day for work.
I was advised by the sales adviser to go for a manual, diesel car. I could always enquire about the S-Tronic though. Is that also known as automatic?

First of all, let me tell you this will be a very economical car, I know they were starting to do a 1.6 Quattro, however I wouldn't bother with it unless your going for the 2.0 TDI 184. Why not compromise and go for an entry S-Line 1.6 which will have a much better residual value, and will give you much nicer standard options like half leather, bi-xenons, and 18" wheels while still giving you the practicality of the 1.6 engine?

I was adivsed at a 1.6 quattro, but I wasn't too sure. I asked to test drive and he said it'll be about 2 weeks until he can get hold of one for me to test drive whilst then I should look around if that was to ever fall through which is when I found the car above.
I was looking a S-line but the ones they had available at the time were over my budget. Ideally I don't want to buy an audi privately. My budget is 23K

If you are sitting in traffic you'd be much better off with the S-Tronic (automatic). You'd love it, not having to clutch every two seconds sat in traffic. I wouldn't go back to manual. This is my 9th auto, never go back!

Reactions: glospete and pburv
If you are commuting that many miles a day then you want to be in a comfortable place.So I wouldn't compromise on the extras over quattro. Don't get me wrong I love having quattro but if your budget can't stretch to having it then stick with the comfort package..One thing I would strongly suggest is that you would be far better off and less fatigued on your daily commute if you spec'd Stronic as Scotty has suggested...:friends:

Reactions: Usman786, glospete, Jassyo06 and 1 other person

agree with what you say but dont think sat nav is standard across range yet? - think sat nav is standard from SE Technik upwards??

Sit in a sport or sline , seat support far superior But then I am middle aged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Thats a very High Spec car you have a chance at,it would be megabucks for the same spec on a face lift car,but its the same old same old dilemma we have here, and that is ...are you happy with the car and the deal your getting from the dealership,thats all that matters my friend

*** Fatigue detection system, me S3 aint even got that...lol

Reactions: SW14NY'S and pburv
agree with what you say but dont think sat nav is standard across range yet? - think sat nav is standard from SE Technik upwards??

You are right. Technik and above. They've missed a trick. Standard on all 1 series Beemers.

Reactions: pburv
*** Fatigue detection system, me S3 aint even got that...lol

I've found the S3 uses a slightly different system to which instead employs regular doses of undiluted terror when you realise just how easily It could torch your licence and put you on a pushbike for a year.

Reactions: pburv, Daveotto and Jassyo06
I've found the S3 uses a slightly different system to which instead employs regular doses of undiluted terror when you realise just how easily It could torch your licence and put you on a pushbike for a year.
You'll get well used to it mate

Reactions: GSB and pburv
Hi all,

I have been looking at S-tronic around Bristol area and within 75 miles and unable to find one that really fit my specification, Ideally I would like one with heated seats and parking system plus.

Also I'll ask the dealer about s-line and sitting in one on Monday and see if that sway my decision before giving him my deposit on the car I wanted originally.

I'm pretty happy with that car, and the spec I wish I can see it in person as at the moment the dealer is playing hardball with me v_v

The salesman will know if you are serious or not about buying the car.So if you really want this particular car then don't be afraid to haggle.:friends:

Reactions: Scottyg