Ordering new S3!

Ben407

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to here just a quick general post, going to order a new s3 on wednesday as i was waiting for the facelift model to become available for order... Any extras you guys would recommend adding on? i was thinking of the parking sensors and camera. Also whats the MPG like from an owners point of view? Lastly was going to go for sepang blue but that colour has been discontinued on the face lift:disappointed:.. colour recommendations? Maybe ibis white or monsoon grey? :smirk: any one have any decent pics of either?

Reactions: pburv
Hi guys, new to here just a quick general post, going to order a new s3 on wednesday as i was waiting for the facelift model to become available for order... Any extras you guys would recommend adding on? i was thinking of the parking sensors and camera. Also whats the MPG like from an owners point of view? Lastly was going to go for sepang blue but that colour has been discontinued on the face lift:disappointed:.. colour recommendations? Maybe ibis white or monsoon grey? :smirk: any one have any decent pics of either?
First of all welcome to the forum..:friends:
If you can afford it I would recommend the mag ride.
Interior Light Pack is a must(I haven't got it..:sorrow:)
Anything else is a bonus...:salute:
As for colour either one of the colours you have mentioned would look great...:yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Welcome along. Colour wise, go with Floret Silver, you won't be disappointed. :friends:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin, Max-Robbo and 2 others
Here is a pic of my beauty ....Glacier White
DSC 0002

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Welcome along. Colour wise, go with Floret Silver, you won't be disappointed. :friends:
Looks like you've been to the beauticians Scotty??...lol:yes:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, batch and 1 other person
What body are you going for?
Most on here think audio upgrade is important (personally standard is fine for me)

Mpg wise I'm so far getting about 25+...I don't drive like Miss Daisy:racer:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Scottyg
Not an S3 but Floret Silver. You know you want too?!!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Thanks for the replies guys, going for the 3door hatchback. Just been messing around on the Audi configurator last few days to see what I can get within a monthly budget in terms of extras. Glacier white looks spot on you might have me sold there:blush:. The mpg any good? I'd guess around 30mpg?? Only go a couple of miles up the road to work 5 days a week so that may effect it a fair bit right? How long did you guys have to wait for delivery once you'd ordered the car? :racer:

Reactions: pburv and Scottyg
Thanks for the replies guys, going for the 3door hatchback. Just been messing around on the Audi configurator last few days to see what I can get within a monthly budget in terms of extras. Glacier white looks spot on you might have me sold there:blush:. The mpg any good? I'd guess around 30mpg?? Only go a couple of miles up the road to work 5 days a week so that may effect it a fair bit right? How long did you guys have to wait for delivery once you'd ordered the car? :racer:

Here you go Ben...

Reactions: ChivsBang, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 4 others

Definitely looks the part in that colour. Can't have the black trim pack with the grill etc on the facelift though an only have to chrome option. Won't bother me too much. I'll put a few pics up whenever it's delivered most likely a few months wait though :pensive:

Definitely looks the part in that colour. Can't have the black trim pack with the grill etc on the facelift though an only have to chrome option. Won't bother me too much. I'll put a few pics up whenever it's delivered most likely a few months wait though :pensive:
You can, it's just not on the system yet.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Ben407
I just know they haven't dropped it! So I assume it's a config gremlin.

I'll do some sniffing around when I head into the dealership to order on Wednesday and see what other secrets their keeping from us

Reactions: Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog, pburv and 1 other person
Colour choice is now so difficult I'd be struggling without Sepang if I were buying now so good luck !

Mpg wise varies ! I've done a multitude of commuttes across the country in the last 6 months!

Around town with a cold start 20ish mpg at best, around this reigion when hooning, much less if being a ****.

Cross country trips with cruise sat at 70mph I get 40mpg dead on ( gatwick to Inverness and back). Circa. 450 mile range

60mile commute to work along the a96 I was getting 42-44mpg at 60mph. Got 480miles out of a tank once !

Current commute - windy twisty roads in Sussex 32-35mpg.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Ben407
The only must-have imho is s-tronic but that's a personal preference thing. If your hands and feet are much faster than mine, manual could be good too.

My S3 has the obvious stuff like b&o, comfort pack and sunroof which are fine if you want to fanny around. If you really want to drive the car though, and have some decent driving roads nearby, get mag ride and 19's. I'd trade mine in a heartbeat to get mag ride.

I just finished the first 1000 miles and got a shade under 25 mpg. I have been really quite gentle with it. Used virtually no oil so far :). I expect to be closer to 20 for the next 1000 miles.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Scottyg and pburv
Having recently sold mine after 2 (happy) years, I'd thoroughly recommend getting the lumbar support in the seats - mine came without it, and I have to say after about 100 miles or so of sitting in the seat you notice it. So for me that would be an absolute must.
High Beam Assist is absolutely brilliant, especially if you do a lot of driving down dark country roads and a bit of a no brainer for £100 option
Stereo wise, I'd add Audi Sound Assist, or if you can afford it B&O. I had the standard system in my S3, but now have the upgraded system in my RSQ3 and notice the difference, mainly being that the standard system doesn't have much bass to it, so can sound a bit tinny (and I'm no great music listener)
LED interior light pack is an absolute must - soooooooooooo much better than the standard interior light system
I'd also consider folding mirrors, again wish I'd spec'd them on mine.
Finally - the comfort pack which includes cruise and the self dipping interior mirror is definitely worthwhile

MPG wise - from mine I averaged about 33.7mpg being a mixture of (mainly) M25 and rural

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg and pburv
My extras are in my signature along with a few mods. If I was ordering now it'd definably be matrix lights and Virtual Cockpit but then I'd also keep it pretty much the same. Must have's for me are B&O, Comfort Pack, Parking System +, Folding Mirrors and Pano Roof.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Scottyg
The good thing about the FL model is that many of the options from the last version now come as standard such as:

LED Interior Lighting Pack
LED Headlights
Cruise control

I would also go for folding mirrors, Privacy glass, B&O and Tech Pack Adv of course!

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Rob2k68
Of course the FL looks stunning in Daytona ....

Reactions: Scottyg, Jassyo06, Ben407 and 3 others
Just a little idea of what you can get Glacier looking like with a little creativity...

Reactions: Ridereasy, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 6 others
Just ordered today!:yahoo:
3door ibis white s3, facelift has the sat nav, bluetooth, and heated seats as standard not sure if the pre facelift does? only extras i added on was the parking sensors and reverse camera, and B+O sound system pack... just have to wait until mid September for it to be here now :disappointed:

was messing around in the demo on the drive select, maybe a stupid question but I'm guessing the dynamite drive select is the best mode for a bit of fun driving?

Is it September yet?

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
Just ordered today!:yahoo:
3door ibis white s3, facelift has the sat nav, bluetooth, and heated seats as standard not sure if the pre facelift does? only extras i added on was the parking sensors and reverse camera, and B+O sound system pack... just have to wait until mid September for it to be here now :disappointed:

was messing around in the demo on the drive select, maybe a stupid question but I'm guessing the dynamite drive select is the best mode for a bit of fun driving?

Is it September yet?

Good for you mate,yeah heated seats are standard on the current car,keep your eye on existing updates on the Audi Configurator,as the Black Styling Package is soon to make a appearance as Batch said

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
maybe a stupid question but I'm guessing the dynamite drive select is the best mode for a bit of fun driving?

Yes, it is positively explosive. :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, MattSedg, Max-Robbo and 4 others
Yes, it is positively explosive. :)
ha just seen that this ****** mac predictive spelling changed it to dynamite, we all know i meant dynamic, idiot of the day award with that one :wtf:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68, Satory and 1 other person
MPG depends on how fast you drive, most cars are the same. So almost single figures through to 36 or so.

If you don't mind could you tell me what kind of deal you got on the finance? I'm looking at trading my current 184 TDI A3 in against an S3.

Reactions: Jassyo06
If you don't mind could you tell me what kind of deal you got on the finance? I'm looking at trading my current 184 TDI A3 in against an S3.

Audi have a £2500 deposit contribution at the minute at Leicester Audi where I got mine, not sure about other dealers? they upped their deposit contribution to £3000 and I put £3000 down, took £1725 off the retail price, they chucked on the paint protection pack for free (as I told them I won't need it as my brothers job is panel beater and paint sprayer so can get all that stuff for free or next to nothing) not sure what it's price is if you choose to pay for it?? Had to put 2k down today to order and pay the other 1k upon collection. Put the gap insurance on there but I always have that on cars I finance always seem it a sensible choice. This is my first pcp deal I've done so not sure how it compares to other deals people have got?

May be a bit tighter on deals as its the new facelift model maybe?? Ive read that can sometimes play a factor in discounts?

Sorry for the essay

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv