A4 b6 miss fire

frank-pearson

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Been a while since I've been on here... back in an audi, bought an a4 b6 convertible 3.0 v6. Had a miss fire and management light was on when I got it

Plugged it in and it said coil pack 1 and 3 where shot so I changed them, still a miss fire, gave it all new plugs just as a precaution. Defffinitley running a little better but the engine management lights is still on

Plugged it in again and it's saying random miss fire detected on all cylinders and also fuel mixture to lean on both rails, haven't had a chance to have it on a full diagnostics just yet but does anyone have any ideas?

Any help appreciated
Cheers
Frank

Hi guys,

Been a while since I've been on here... back in an audi, bought an a4 b6 convertible 3.0 v6. Had a miss fire and management light was on when I got it

Plugged it in and it said coil pack 1 and 3 where shot so I changed them, still a miss fire, gave it all new plugs just as a precaution. Defffinitley running a little better but the engine management lights is still on

Plugged it in again and it's saying random miss fire detected on all cylinders and also fuel mixture to lean on both rails, haven't had a chance to have it on a full diagnostics just yet but does anyone have any ideas?

Any help appreciated
Cheers
Frank
Have a look at the crankcase breather, well known for cracking (drawing air) or any of the PVC pipes and vacuum pipes, any of these can upset the fuel mixture and give you all sorts of problems.

Thanks for the reply bud, had a look and yeah the crank case breather has had it... temp fix while I'm ordering the new one. Definitely an improvement even with the bodge so hopefully a new part will sort the issue

Thanks for the reply bud, had a look and yeah the crank case breather has had it... temp fix while I'm ordering the new one. Definitely an improvement even with the bodge so hopefully a new part will sort the issue
Great, you can't beat a simple fix!