Audi A5 Sportback BE+ TFSi 230ps quattro

Scott.T

Reaction score
Picked this up 10 day's ago as just didn't get on with my Sepang A4 soot chucker.
The combination of CarWow and a healthy dealer deposit contribution also made it cheaper than the A4 ;)

Specification :
Manual Transmission
Alcantara/Leather
Storage Pack
Rotor 9x19's
Interior LED Light Pack
Heated Front/Rear Seats
S-Line Lowered Sports Suspension (1BV)

Last edited:
Reactions: ruairi83, xpoweruk, Bristle Hound and 4 others
Nice purchase Scott, hopefully this one's a keeper, wish you all the best with it.

JG

Reactions: Scott.T
You'll find the petrol-powered version a little down on torque, but way up on "Whoopee!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking motor Scott.T any chance of more pics of the suspension height?

Nice looking motor Scott.T any chance of more pics of the suspension height?

A couple of shots, not the greatest but a bit better than the dealer shots :

This is an equivalent car that was at the same dealers. This is also a TFSi but with ADS, so 10mm higher at -20mm (same as standard fit S-Line -20mm), whereas min is the 1BV -30mm Sports Suspension. The visual difference is most noticeable on the rear :

Reactions: Tim P
Picked this up 10 day's ago as just didn't get on with my Sepang A4 soot chucker.
The combination of CarWow and a healthy dealer deposit contribution also made it cheaper than the A4 ;)

Specification :
Manual Transmission
Alcantara/Leather
Storage Pack
Rotor 9x19's
Interior LED Light Pack
Heated Front/Rear Seats
S-Line Lowered Sports Suspension (1BV)

@Scott.T - Great looking A5 buddy ! :thumbs up:
What do you think of the Alcantara/Leather interior then ?
PS Love that colour ;) :D

@Scott.T - Great looking A5 buddy ! :thumbs up:
What do you think of the Alcantara/Leather interior then ?
PS Love that colour ;) :D

Interior is nice. Very similar to the S4 leather/alcantra seats but mine have little holes in them.
Not as nice as the Blue RS4 special eDitton though with leather/blue alcantara......next time maybe.

Height looks great, can't wait till I get mine. Tracker says its in QC at the moment

Height looks great, can't wait till I get mine. Tracker says its in QC at the moment
About 3-4 weeks to go then. Mons was in QC for about a week then took another week to catch the boat.

Here's hoping.... Your pics definitely look lower at the back and better all round, glad I made the same choice as you now. The dealer pics look as though they had lower profile tyres on theirs maybe? Here's to boat watching soon.....

Here's hoping.... Your pics definitely look lower at the back and better all round, glad I made the same choice as you now. The dealer pics look as though they had lower profile tyres on theirs maybe? Here's to boat watching soon.....

There is a slight slope on the grass which makes the back sit lower in that pic.
It sits pretty level on the flat.
The dealer photo is of their demonstrator.
Tyres are the same pirrelli 255/35.

For some reason the black spoked rims run Dunlop.

You'll find the petrol-powered version a little down on torque, but way up on "Whoopee!"

On paper against the 190ps TDI torque is only down about about 37ftlb. To be honest they do not feel much different on that front.
The TDI spools quicker but it's also all over and tailing off very quickly. The TFSI keeps going.

Thought I'd throw up a picture I took whilst up in The Lake District

Reactions: Bristle Hound and James.B8
Looks awfully familiar :p Will be even more so as I am looking at fitting some carbon fibre mirrors this month!

Never liked the SB, and always preferred the less practical Coupé, but its really growing on me now....

How painful was it to get out the A4 early?

Not too bad.
There was £500 equity in the A4.
That combined with the Audi deposit contribution on an A5 and Carwow gave a combined £9000 saving.
So that made it quite appealing.

Yes I lost some of my original deposit on the A4 but the saving more than made up for it.
The monthly PCP is also slightly less on the A5.

Last edited:
Sweet. Nice colour too, is it sepang? Can't tell exactly. My next purchase will be blue, it's really grown on me these last couple of years.

Not too bad.
That combined with the Audi deposit contribution on an A5 and Carwow gave a combined £9000 saving.

Yes I lost some of my original deposit on the A4 but the saving more than made up for it.

It's not the deposit that you should be concentrating on. It's the total cost of ownership. So that's the deposit + monthly payments - equity. My limited experience suggests used cars have lost me about £2k per year over two years, whilst my new car will be more than double that. Obviously keeping the used car for longer would dramatically reduce that number, but I'm an impatient ******...

Hence why I'm not going new again!

It's not the deposit that you should be concentrating on. It's the total cost of ownership. So that's the deposit + monthly payments - equity. My limited experience suggests used cars have lost me about £2k per year over two years, whilst my new car will be more than double that. Obviously keeping the used car for longer would dramatically reduce that number, but I'm an impatient ******...

Hence why I'm not going new again!
I probably won't go new again either.
It feels too much like a rental and I'm used to full ownership, or with a much smaller % on a personal loan.
I'll probably duck out of this deal and drop back to a slightly older vehicle after a couple of years (RS4 or tuned S4), when I've built up some savings to buy outright or close to outright.

Reactions: DrEskimo
I probably won't go new again either.
It feels too much like a rental and I'm used to full ownership, or with a much smaller % on a personal loan.
I'll probably duck out of this deal and drop back to a slightly older vehicle after a couple of years (RS4 or tuned S4), when I've built up some savings to buy outright or close to outright.

Spot on mate. Feel exactly the same and what I am doing next.

Looking at the S3 personally...worried I've been spolit by my S5 though

Spot on mate. Feel exactly the same and what I am doing next.

Looking at the S3 personally...worried I've been spolit by my S5 though

I made the S3 A5 decision this time.
Although I like the S3 on paper it was never really shouting at me at the dealers. Colour choice is very important on an S3 to make sure it looks like an S3.
Being 6ft 4 I find alot of modern (non-mpv style) cars hsve much less headroom than i have experienced previously.

I'm also pretty sure the S3 and RS3 seats went a few mm lower when manual compared to electric. But still not low enough to prevent hair touching the roof.
Boot size and rear legroom were also against me with 2 teenagers to cart around. Although it was more the boot than the legroom tbh.

Ah yes...I can see why thats an important consideration!

For me, my mileage will dramatically reduce, so the next car needs to be cheaper (ish...) and easy to park, so a hatchback is more desirable.

Still debating going even cheaper with a 1.4TFSI, but running costs won't be an issue with such a low mileage so see it as a good option of getting a smaller and cheaper car with similar performance.

The 3door hatch in Daytona doesn't look half bad either...not Sepang S5 pretty...but not bad :p

I was pretty shocked with the lack of headroom in the S3/RS3 considering I have plenty of room in my MY2000 Impreza. This is now semi-retired after being the family car from 2002 - 2012.

It was similarly poor headroom though in the Mercedes A45, RS Focus and Cupra290.

But the Subaru (weekend hack/garage queen) is also part of my dilemma, as it's running 270bhp/tonne.
An S4 is only 195bhp/tonne (approx) and an RS6 (which I drove last week) is only 287bhp/tonne (approx).
So my power craving is proving hard to satisfy and even a £95000 RS6 didn't blow my mind on power. Very nice though but not £95000 nice.

Last edited:
Not too bad.

Ah so you sunk in a chunk of cash to get into the A4 in the first place.

I've been looking at A5 Sportback BE+ models, but i'll struggle to get out of my A4 after a year without a large-ish cash sum being put in by me which I'd rather not do right now!