An exhaust-ing issue...

Tom93

Reaction score
I know what a dreadful pun.

Incase you cant tell this is about my exhaust... I have a ching chong/xspower/relentless/chinese **** 3" downpipe and decat pipe in my car. Coupled to a Miltek cat back, i recently butchered the Miltek because i wanted more noise and popping action, and i got that, i got so much that the car is now ridiculously loud and ive ruined it. So looked at getting a new system made to replace it... Not really any choice down here, except a local company that agreed to make what i asked for, which was 3" and mandrel bent, now that plus 2 silencers has come to £720!!

Now i think thats quite steep, but i do all my car work myself, a quote from a garage isnt something im really ever faced with so dont know what to think. What do you lot think? The company have a good rep for custom exhausts and they're not a franchise, its all "them" if that makes sense. Thats for a catback system...

I am sure some of the 'custom' exhaust places will do this kinda thing more cheaply but I can tell you that I have built my own system and a few for Bill and they are not cheap... parts alone cost a fortune...

The three boxes on mine are over £200 alone, 1.5D dairy quality stainless bends are 15-20, 1D when needed are more....decent quality v-bands that I have used are 25-30 each, then time, gas etc...

3" systems are pricey as its difficult to get mandrel bends cheaply that have constant wall thicknesses

<tuffty/>

Alot cheaper? No. A little cheaper maybe. But id like to go 3inch. The engines forged and running well, i see no point not buying 3inch now and then having to upgrade later when i inevitably go bigger turbo :/