Remapping advice

Connor Ellen

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've been looking into getting a remap on my a3 2.0 tdi 170 quattro 2007. I've read on a few forums that a remap done without a DPF delete can cause issues. Can anyone shed any light on this? Had a few quotes for remaps and no one has mentioned the DPF issue.

Cheers!

That particular engine seems to suffer from DPF issues without being remapped. A remap will create an increase in the particulates produced by the engine, A poor remap will produce a lot more. This will result in the DPF regenerating more often depending on how much you use the extra performance. On some engines a remap and keeping the DPF is not an issue. That engine was one of the first to get a DPF and if you do some google searches it seems to have problems . If you do lots of long trips then you may not be seeing any problems.

I have the same car mate (2011) and been doing my homework on remaps

I don't have any problems with the DPF at the moment but I was going to get mine removed so I don't have any issues in the future.

After speaking to a few garages, they all have said not to bother removing the DPF if you don't have any problems as you gain very little and apparently there will be some new MOT laws coming out for them soon due to people having the DPF removed. Im going to leave mine in until I get a problem then get it removed.

Im looking at Revo software for mine stage one which hopefully be up to 200bhp, If you decide to get the DPF removed you need a stage 2 remap which they do at a reduced rate if you have stage 1 already installed. It seems you only gain an extra 3-10 bhp with it removed

Hi guys,
I've been looking into getting a remap on my a3 2.0 tdi 170 quattro 2007. I've read on a few forums that a remap done without a DPF delete can cause issues. Can anyone shed any light on this? Had a few quotes for remaps and no one has mentioned the DPF issue.

Cheers!

I've got the same car(57 reg) but not Quattro and looked into it a couple of month ago and decided to leave it.
Quickly spoke to a bloke on here from revo and he said they wouldn't touch it. I read up about it on there website and from what I can remember it said that the dpf on our car with our model of engine would have the potential to set on fire after a remap as it would get too hot from the extra power, it probably wouldn't set on fire but there is a chance it could so revo chose not to do remaps on these engines.
Our cars have the first type of dpf which i think is why there is this problem as the dpf's on newer models do get left in on occasion and are fine when the car is run properly.
Based on this info if you had a remap then you would want to get rid of the dpf aswell.
I chose to stay as standard with no remap as if the dpf is removed then you've got to find someone that will MOT it and I couldn't be bothered with that.

Hope this helps

I have a A3 2009 TDI 170 quattro, had it remapped for about four months now with no problems at all. It transforms the car!! 202BHP & 340ft/Ib (460nm) of torque!! Blanked the EGR & delete & carbon clean just before it was remapped & always put v-power in it. Best thing i've ever done for the car!

I have my 2007 170 Quattro mapped and DPF hollowed out from a indy mapper and it really does transform the car.

When the facelift came in (2008) Audi went from the PD170 to the common rail (CR170), the PD I have revo or Apr won't touch, but they will do maps for the CR170, CR140 and even the PD140

I view my PD as a ticking time bomb but so far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my 2007 170 Quattro mapped and DPF hollowed out from a indy mapper and it really does transform the car.

When the facelift came in (2008) Audi went from the PD170 to the common rail (CR170), the PD I have revo or Apr won't touch, but they will do maps for the CR170, CR140 and even the PD140

I view my PD as a ticking time bomb but so far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty much what I were trying to say you just put it across a lot better.
Why do you see yours as a ticking time bomb? If you've had your dpf hollowed out as you put it so I assume by that you mean there's nothing left inside it then you should be fine as you've got rid of the potential problem. I think the reason why revo etc will not touch them is because if they mapped them then they would want to remove the dpf every time which technically for an mot isn't legal is it, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's why. Only thing I'd be bothered about would be the clutch, if you're keeping the car for quite a while after having it mapped then at some point it's probably going to start to slip