(Audi S3 8L BAM) P0340 Fault code Need Help!!!!!!

Clint130978

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to the group.So excuse me if my thread doesn't come to the right place.

I want to replace my camshaft position myself i'm not a mechanic but like fiddling is and easy Job or should i do it professionally.

Can you also show me a pic of where it is located.If I'm correct and it is where i think it is.It looks simply 2 screws and thats it.however is it that simply.

help please

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-16-17-02-41.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-16-17-02-41.png
    628.9 KB · Views: 236
Unclip the upper timing belt cover and you will see it. Easy to change just be careful you don't drop the bolts

Is it straightforward to change it..I found it.is there anything that i have to carry over or does the new one come with all thats required

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Straightforward take the two 10mm bolts out after unclipping the plug and remove, put new sensor in and bolt up and plug back in its that simple :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the part?

Are there loads of bolts to remove?if yes are they situated in difficult spots to get to?

Sorry for all the questions guys..and thanks for your help much appreciated

yep - 2 x 13mm sockets / nuts and 2 x hose clamps = charge pipe off

When you rebuild it get those hose claps tight! They have a habit of blowing off, specially that 90 degree one off the turbo and its a pig to fit back on at the side of the road and everythings hot!

Scotty24..it dont sound so straightforward anymore.looking at it looks easy everything looks like it will.just slide back in.I cant be risking taking things off then i cant get it back on.All confidence gone now
.Looks like im going to have to pay someone..although i dont think its worth paying £40 p/h labour cause it doesnt look like it will take that long.

GIVES you the idea just take off the metal charge pipe as mentioned above,
i know its not the bam but same idea.

good luck

Thanks Guys.Im waiting for the sensor and give it go.

Reactions: epox