A3 2.0 Tdi Decat Advice

Brad24295

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a Audi A3 2.0 tdi 2004 and i wanted to decat it with a cat back exhaust, i just wanted to know by decating it will if put any lights on the dash or cause any issues or would i need to get it plugged into vcds and things coded or need anything mapping out, or is it just take cat out and put decat pipe in with no issues, thanks

You won't get any lights on the dash and nothing needs coding. You may fail an MOT if it looks like the car has no cat at all, If the decat pipe has a box section on it that looks like it may be a cat then that will be OK.

Was also wondering as i am going to fit this weekend and wanted some advice on removal as apparentley the subframe has to be dropped? How easy is it to fit one, thanks

No lights and easy peasy to fitt. Hardest part I found was getting the funny clamp off the turbo outlet to start with... Brute force prevailed. I made a full custom straight through system for my bkd with the car on stands on my driveway at home.. Sounds nice now :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

And no need mess with Subframe. Just undertray off.. A bracket on downpipe bolts to Subframe and then I removed two brace bars mid way in car to remove full exhaust

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Sorry to revive this old thread but I am doing this on my bkd leon and i cant get the exhaust side that bolts onto the turbo off I've removed the 5m allen screw but the exhaust is stuck in there still any tips.
Greatly appreciated