1.8T BFB Timing belt kit part numbers/which one ??

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
need to get the timing belt/water pump replaced on the cab and not sure which is fitted the mechanical tensioner type or the hydraulic.

Anyone have to hand the part numbers for the following kits ??

Gates -
Ina -
Contitech -

Ive messaged a seller on ebay who says this contitech (CT909K10) will fit my car can any of you 1.8T guys help me out as dont want to order it then find out its wrong as seller is located in germany.

Cheers

Bradderz without ya reg ive found these numbers

Gates: with waterpump and vibration damper KP45491XS-1
with waterpump and no damper KP345491XS-1

Cheers

Just checked mate,

same parts as mentioned above ill see if i can get other manufacturer's numbers for you.

Right

INA kit: 530054610
CONTITECH kit: CT909WP2 (with a water pump)

Hope this helps mate.

What are your thoughts on damper tensioner kir or mechanical tensioner kit, allgermanparts recommended the damper kit but i know alot of the 1.8T 058 block guys go with the mechanical tensioner.

Is it a pointered roller or seems gauge thats needed to tension ??

Bradderz im not to familiar with the 1.8t engines (mines a 1.9tdi) this is the OE number for the kit for your vehicle 06B 198 119 A so maybe check that against the kits your looking at.

Hydraulic tensioner is the standard kit, I wouldn't use anything else, You can get a remanufactured genuine water pump from Audi with a discount when you hand in your old one.

Im after a damper kit need part numbers to look on ebay i can get a meyle waterpump for £12+postage so just need PN's for kits with damper or ones with mechanical tensioner like the later ones and AWT iirc

iirc you will end up with a hydraulic dampener and a mechanical tensioner. That's how they did it on the later passats I've played with

Im looking at this only difference in part number is the suffix is 'C' and not 'A' but does list it for BFB in both the B6 and B7 ??

Found some more info:-

2002-2005 [2003-2006 Cabriolet] 1.8T Audi A4 model years had only one timing belt system option. Owners will not need to confirm their engine code or VIN #.

Please Note: This timing belt kit includes the updated tensioners 06A 109 181 and 06A 109 243A. This is an updated timing belt design that supersede the old NTN tensioners for the 1.8T engine. This updated Litens timing belt tensioner design is a requirement from O.E. Volkswagen Audi Group (VAG) during timing belt replacement. VAG world wide is phasing out the NTN timing belt components that were originally fitted on your car and are replacing them with the new updated O.E. Litens designed tensioners included in this timing belt kit.

Please Note: The benefits of the Litens design offers improved reliability over the old NTN design by not relying on a hydraulic tensioner damper for timing belt tension. The new Litens design offers improvements through variable timing belt tension from the patented Litens' tensioner design.

Seems there phasing it out so maybe the 'C' suffix is the revised mechanical tensioner kit ?!?

It was when they changed from one type of tensioner to another that the belt length changed, 150 teeth will be correct, I doubt if any of the old kits are around any more. I changed from the old type to the new type on an 96 Audi A4, belt went from 153 teeth to 150 teeth.

Ahh ok ive just got a Contitech CT909WP2 off ebay for £80 posted and ordered new meyle temp sensor housing with seals for £13 as theres a leak from that area so think its seals but looks like there may be a hairline crack in the housing either way ive got both seals and housing hopefully its one of the 3 and i dont need to touch the cooling system after the timing belt/water pump and drain coolant off again.

Ahh ok ive just got a Contitech CT909WP2 off ebay for £80 posted and ordered new meyle temp sensor housing with seals for £13 as theres a leak from that area so think its seals but looks like there may be a hairline crack in the housing either way ive got both seals and housing hopefully its one of the 3 and i dont need to touch the cooling system after the timing belt/water pump and drain coolant off again.
I would change the j plug, it's a blanking plug behind the thermostat, I recently changed this myself, cheaper from the dealer than eBay but less than £10 anyway.

Im not touching that housing its the one on the rear of the cylinder head im doing near the EGR Valve that houses the temp sensor.

Im not touching that housing its the one on the rear of the cylinder head im doing near the EGR Valve that houses the temp sensor.

View attachment 95701
Ah, the rear coolant flange, it can be fun if you're not in the right frame of mind. 1.8 t doesn't have egr, it's a popular misconception. Air is pumped into the cylinder head then into exhaust manifold to help heat the cat up quicker, for emissions purposes.