Stretched tyres

E_KEL95

Reaction score
Anyone know what size of tyre would be ideal for running on a set of staggered wheels? There 9.5 on the rears and was told a normal tyre would rub, car is lowered on eibach 50 / 40 springs

I run 235 35 r19 tyres all around on 19 inch 8.5 front 9 5 rears with only a light stretch on the rears. also lowered 45mm H&R springs.

I run 235 35 r19 tyres all around on 19 inch 8.5 front 9 5 rears with only a light stretch on the rears. also lowered 45mm H&R springs.

Any photos ?

Any photos ?

Unfortunately don#t have a close up on the strech unless you can wait for later on and I'll take a shot have a look at these thou , can barely see a difference on the width front vs rear.

Dfd Mkuikmumny SDC16175

here you go:
front
20160625 134128

rear
20160625 134202

ignore all the dirt etc... the car is in bits right now... and the wheel arch gap on the rear is actually far lower that this. no rubbing issues etc.. ot only look so huge cause my driveway inst leveled .on normal road the wheel arch gaos ate pretty even on both front and rear see pics in the previous post.

here you go:
front View attachment 95250
rear View attachment 95251
ignore all the dirt etc... the car is in bits right now... and the wheel arch gap on the rear is actually far lower that this. no rubbing issues etc.. ot only look so huge cause my driveway inst leveled .on normal road the wheel arch gaos ate pretty even on both front and rear see pics in the previous post.

Sorry to hijack the thread, I've just ordered the vorti's for my Bentley wheels, what are they like as a tyre mate? I've ordered them in 235 35 19 and the wheels are 19"x9 do you think I will get much stretch on them? Here's a pic with the bentleys on, I bought them with 225 35 19 but took them off straight away after test fitting them because I couldn't handle the stretch on them ha

Sorry to hijack the thread, I've just ordered the vorti's for my Bentley wheels, what are they like as a tyre mate? I've ordered them in 235 35 19 and the wheels are 19"x9 do you think I will get much stretch on them? Here's a pic with the bentleys on, I bought them with 225 35 19 but took them off straight away after test fitting them because I couldn't handle the stretch on them haView attachment 95252View attachment 95253

you'll get even less stretch then i do have so it will bo ok. as tyre i have almost 28k miles in mine with still enough thread to pass an mot. they are noisy but handle well in both wet n dry. they're not you top performance tyre for trackdays etc.. but for the money the are quite good.

Reactions: Steaudi
So ive done loads of research on this..loads!

The bottom line is Audi do not recommend you to have 235's on a 9'' wide wheel due to the stretch. Instead recommend 255 or 265's.

Upon checking tens and tens of photos with 235's on 9'' they just depend on tyre manufacturer. The top brands tend to stretch very well and sometimes done look stretched at all.

Ive had 235 Nankang brand on my 20x9 wheels and the stretch was horrible. Having said that, ive now purchased 19x9's and will be getting 235/35/19 with a top brand tyre as ive already seen the stretch and its little to none at all.

Hope this help..

Any photos if your front wheels TOM.S? I went for 8.5 all round as 9.5s where hard got that weren't damaged silly! Just want to see what the tyre sidewall looks like as I don't want a balloony looking tyre

Any photos if your front wheels TOM.S? I went for 8.5 all round as 9.5s where hard got that weren't damaged silly! Just want to see what the tyre sidewall looks like as I don't want a balloony looking tyre

have a look @ my previous post with the two pics. the top picture is how the fronts look like, the bottom shows the stretch on the rears.

Got my new wheels on the motor on friday so will need to get some photos of it up to show yous if it'd ever stop raining so i could get a chance to clean it!

Reactions: DrStrange