Nearly 3 Months in....

BlooodSugar

Dude, I almost had you!
Reaction score
So I'm nearing 3 months of ownership with my S3...

After spending a decent amount of time with the car, it's safe to say I LOVE IT.

It's absolutely blown my expectations out of the water.

I came from a Fiesta ST-2 and it was certainly no slouch, what with it's remap and other bits and bobs (Was slowly becoming a "Halfords Special" oh oh). However the S3 just absolutely monsters it in the power department, I did expect it would have more grunt than the ST but boy did I underestimate just how much oomph this thing has!
Huge smile on my face everytime I take it for a spin, and that's at every given opportunity.

I've had no problems whatsoever with the car so far, it's completely solid. The build quality is leaps and bounds ahead of what I'm used too.

I was a little sceptical of the S-tronic to begin with but I've grown to really enjoy it. Can't get enough of the cracks and pops it makes on the gearshift and the blip when changing down.

After 3000 miles on the clock it's really beginning to open up and it makes a terrific sound, especially when giving It a little beans!

Plans for the future?

Getting some window tints soon and possibly an exhaust a few months down the line so she sounds EVEN better!

Here are a few quick snaps! :)

Image1

Image2

Image3

Reactions: Audib5fan, MikeParkin, glasgowdubber and 10 others
So I'm nearing 3 months of ownership with my S3...

After spending a decent amount of time with the car, it's safe to say I LOVE IT.

It's absolutely blown my expectations out of the water.

I came from a Fiesta ST-2 and it was certainly no slouch, what with it's remap and other bits and bobs (Was slowly becoming a "Halfords Special" oh oh). However the S3 just absolutely monsters it in the power department, I did expect it would have more grunt than the ST but boy did I underestimate just how much oomph this thing has!
Huge smile on my face everytime I take it for a spin, and that's at every given opportunity.

I've had no problems whatsoever with the car so far, it's completely solid. The build quality is leaps and bounds ahead of what I'm used too.

I was a little sceptical of the S-tronic to begin with but I've grown to really enjoy it. Can't get enough of the cracks and pops it makes on the gearshift and the blip when changing down.

After 3000 miles on the clock it's really beginning to open up and it makes a terrific sound, especially when giving It a little beans!

Plans for the future?

Getting some window tints soon and possibly an exhaust a few months down the line so she sounds EVEN better!

Here are a few quick snaps! :)

View attachment 95569
View attachment 95570
View attachment 95571
Tinting the two rear and hatch windows would look really nice,maybe black or carbon mirror caps?

Reactions: MattSedg and Rob2k68
And white is soooo easy to look after :) I don't know about tints though, I know it's a personal choice, but on the S3 hatch I think it looks a bit boy racer!!! yet the saloon in white with tints looks more classy!!!

Reactions: Primolak and Pook
Certainly going for the rear windows tinted, I'll try not to go too dark so it doesn't give off too much of a "Boy Racer" vibe!

Mirror caps is certainly an idea too, I never really gave that much thought!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Certainly going for the rear windows tinted, I'll try not to go too dark so it doesn't give off too much of a "Boy Racer" vibe!

Mirror caps is certainly an idea too, I never really gave that much thought!
Have a look at mine, I've got the carbon ones - and if they don't float your boat, you could always just go for a gloss black wrap?

Reactions: Rob2k68, Max-Robbo and Jassyo06
First thing I did 16hrs after ownership.
Get it remaped...... You know you want to.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Really glad to hear you're enjoying your car ;o) Nice to see a H/B.

I got 6 months in then started to play .......

Have a look at mine, I've got the carbon ones - and if they don't float your boat, you could always just go for a gloss black wrap?

The carbon looks fantastic! I may look into that myself, not meaning to copy!

First thing I did 16hrs after ownership.
Get it remaped...... You know you want to.

I'd love a remap, had one on the ST.
However I don't want to flag up the TD1

Really glad to hear you're enjoying your car ;o) Nice to see a H/B.

I got 6 months in then started to play .......

Thanks!
Don't come across too many hatchbacks, most seem to be the sportback, around my neck of the woods anyway.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and zippster
I've drove the 8V S3, never owned one, owned the 8P and can genuinely say I've driven a lot of cars and nothing comes close to how good it was. I was equally blown away with the noise of the S3 under power, I did not expect how good it sounds compared to the 8P. Glad your loving the car, once I can justify some disposable on fuel again, I'll definitely be getting one

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Decided to go for the rear window tints, carbon mirrors and have a RS3 style grill fitted with "Quattro" underneath.

ALOT of stones seem to be making their way through the standard grill and causing a few knocks here and there....

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Can't say I've ever heard of that :disrelieved:

Batchio will put me right?but they are a German tuning company that supply tuning boxes for Audis,the nearest you'll get a approved box

Reactions: pburv, BlooodSugar, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Batchio will put me right?but they are a German tuning company that supply tuning boxes for Audis,the nearest you'll get a approved box
Pretty much Jassy boy! They're based in Ingolstadt, and used to prepare the works rally cars and work/have worked very closely with Audi. Top notch products, and what Roland Mayer and his team don't know about Audis just isn't worth knowing. Or doesn't exist...

Reactions: pburv, BlooodSugar, Forbzeeee and 3 others
Pretty much Jassy boy! They're based in Ingolstadt, and used to prepare the works rally cars and work/have worked very closely with Audi. Top notch products, and what Roland Mayer and his team don't know about Audis just isn't worth knowing. Or doesn't exist...

Excellent, thanks for the information guys.
I'll certainly look into this!

Reactions: batch
Coming from 3 Golf GTI's I must admit I do love the S3. But I'm looking at RS3 on Auto trader now!.

Reactions: pburv