is this mani the same as Badger5?

Its what the china folds are derived from... so will have the same issues until ported...

<tuffty/>

...still cheaper to buy a chinafold from aliexpress than to buy the JBS one..

<tuffty/>

Reactions: IPG
OK.

I know you can buy the manifold direct from the supplier that Bill used to get them from, but he doesnt have time to port them now does he?

Is there anyone else in the know that would port one ?

OK.

I know you can buy the manifold direct from the supplier that Bill used to get them from, but he doesnt have time to port them now does he?

Is there anyone else in the know that would port one ?

JP at JNL might...

Other than that any engine builder that does ported heads would no doubt have a go at it

<tuffty/>

I ported my standard k03 manifold and k300 hot side myself without too much bother... Just ordered a few different carbide burrs and used them in a drill, making sure I kept them lubricated with WD40. Once enough metal was removed I then went over with a dremel type tool (from lidl) with a sanding wheel to smooth things off a bit.

I ported my standard k03 manifold and k300 hot side myself without too much bother... Just ordered a few different carbide burrs and used them in a drill, making sure I kept them lubricated with WD40. Once enough metal was removed I then went over with a dremel type tool (from lidl) with a sanding wheel to smooth things off a bit.

The chinafolds are hard as nails which is the main issue... makes them durable but a ballache to port...

There is a thread on vortex of someone porting a JBS one to get over the original misfire problem...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5675749-The-JBS-K04-manifold-reworked/

<tuffty/>

Sell the TTE turbo, buy a B5 ko4-380 package then you can have one :)

Got the TTE390 (actually a TTE420 with the BBT adapter kit) and its insane. Absolute volumes of power and torque. Far better than any hybrid ive seen on a 1.8T, IMHO

Reactions: IPG
And why would that be?

The OP has a BBT turbo by the looks and not a TTE anyway...

<tuffty/>

The TTE is a amazing turbo, Since the lad actually has the BBT hybrid, which isnt based on the TFSI variant, then the comment is pretty much null/void. Bit hard to compare a 1.8T k04 frame to a TFSI k04 frame as they leagues apart.

Reactions: VAG-Slag
Yeah im currently BBT K418T mapped by Bill

TFSI turbo with adaptor plate sounds interesting, is this what Prawn runs? Then jist get Bill to fit the lot and make a new downpipe?

So far the pro4 is holding, but im scared its just a matter of time

Any data/runs of one of these turbos on a customers car?

The TFSI turbo with adapter plate is what prawn runs. His as a anti surge wheel in it I believe.

-6KW would suggest its choking. -6KW with meth too? Hope that never fails as that ECU will be well into knock otherwise.

Map was unchanged from previous turbo IIRC.... was run as it was with just the turbo bolted on from the original spec and no other changes... reducing timing at this point would prevent the pull but not necessarily the output figure...

<tuffty/>

Comments on that thread would suggest its changed a lot.

I don't know... I haven't read it all through... I was only around to see the turbo fitted but not the initial run..

I suggest if you have any questions regarding the setup then please feel free to discuss them with Bill as I am sure he will happily answer any queries you have

<tuffty/>

The TTE is a amazing turbo, Since the lad actually has the BBT hybrid, which isnt based on the TFSI variant, then the comment is pretty much null/void. Bit hard to compare a 1.8T k04 frame to a TFSI k04 frame as they leagues apart.

Different framed turbos they indeed are
apples and pears.. only name k04xxxxxx shared - lol

Reactions: scotty_24