Front anti-roll bar links

norris_309

Reaction score
I had an MOT advisory on a front anti roll bar linkage having slight play.
I'm hoping this might be the cause of a little knocking I get over bumps.

I've bought 2 new links, looks simple enough to change, but just wondering about tightening up the bolts.

I've not got access to ramps etc.. so is it ok to replace these links with the wheels off the ground (so suspension is hanging down as it were?
I know when I changed a front control arm it was advisable to tighten the bolts when the weight was back on so the rubbers weren't under stress all of the time, but that was a pain without ramps! (then again.. that whole job was a pain!!...never again!..)

I replaced a similar part on an old pug years ago & i'm sure I just did it on axle stands & tightened everything up in the air & didn't have any problems in the years afterwards.

Fitted after market perfomance rear scooby ones to front of mine miles better

The car should really be at ride height when tightening or you'll forever be stressing the bearing. Just put another jack under the hub (preferably a trolley jack as the hub moves outward as it lowers) with the wheel off and lower the car.

Cheers for the info, thinking back, I've got a feeling I put a jack under the hub when I did the lower arm.
I'll do that. (if I ever get any time!)
Cheers

Thread lock the bolts too

Reactions: Northampton_ofn