audi v spoke alloy upgrade

Daz4311

Reaction score
Now that the price on these alloys has come down from the stupid £2500...to the more resonable £450...I'm now thinking bout specing them.....so it's either the standard s3 saloon 19" or the v spokes...I can't decide....thoughts please folks

Wow that's a good reduction !

What body style and colour are you having ?

The grey inserts in the saloon wheels go better with some colours than others - I'd go V spoke on a black, red or white car I think saloon 19s on any other colour namely blues or greys.

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
Ha I have been having the same quandary today. My S3 saloon order is already placed with the standard 19s. I quite like the look of the v spokes but I'm not convinced it's worth it. The standard wheels are S3 exclusive, whereas you can spec the v spokes on a fairly boggo A4. Most pre-FL S3 saloons I've seen have specced the wing arm alloys so I think most future FL buyers will opt the v spokes. Ultimately we might see the standard wheels be less common than the options! Can t go wrong either way really but there's nowt wrong with the standard ones. Personally I've decided to stick with them. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
Oh and one more thing. The v spokes show more brake, I think they suit something with funkier discs and calipers like a RS. They'll be nice on the RS3 saloon if/when it appears. The S3 brake setup is ok but not a patch on the looks of the RS!

Oh and one more thing. The v spokes show more brake, I think they suit something with funkier discs and calipers like a RS. They'll be nice on the RS3 saloon if/when it appears. The S3 brake setup is ok but not a patch on the looks of the RS!

Good point on seeing more disc and brake ;o)

I

The grey inserts in the saloon wheels go better with some colours than others - I'd go V spoke on a black, red or white car I think saloon 19s on any other colour namely blues or greys.
I'm getting s3 saloon....in sepang blue

S3 brakes look ok behind open 19s... Trust me...

Reactions: rasA4, Simon L, Max-Robbo and 3 others
Not saying they look bad batch, far from it. Just that they suit something where you want to draw attention to the discs and calipers even better!

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
....I like the standard ones.....I hate the wing arms....but unsure about the v spokes.....decisions hey!

Managed to make the change before my order was locked from "5-Arm Wing" to "5-V Spoke". Couldn't be happier as I prefer those to the 5-Arm Wing and couldn't care less about these being/becoming more common :yahoo:

Reactions: batch, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I hope the Arm become more common, more chance of buying a spare set for winter!!, if anyone knows of a mint set going please do let me know.

What do these V spoke look like?

Managed to make the change before my order was locked from "5-Arm Wing" to "5-V Spoke". Couldn't be happier as I prefer those to the 5-Arm Wing and couldn't care less about these being/becoming more common :yahoo:
Yeah the V-spoke alloys are a great match for Daytona Grey mate but not with sepang blue just my opinion of course lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and Rob2k68
Well I've decided...I'm sticking with the standard 19s....but upgrading to the interior trims with the light pack

...might as well lol

Thought light pack was free with the S3?

It's a £170 option on the S3, or was from the latest 8v catalogue.
Ahh 99% sure on the new facelift S3 and S-line it's standard fit :) check the configurator

Reactions: Rob2k68 and S32B
Yeh maybe, I'm referring to the 8v

So are we :p The 8V facelift that is currently being built / arriving at dealers haha

Yeah the V-spoke alloys are a great match for Daytona Grey mate but not with sepang blue just my opinion of course lol
Yeah think so too. Well Sepang is out of the equation for The FL so... Easy choice :wink new:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
So are we :p The 8V facelift that is currently being built / arriving at dealers haha
Sorry I thought everyone on here called it the 8FL, so to be clear for you I mean all the current ones and not the about to be in dealers facelift cars.

Reactions: azibux1, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Sorry I thought everyone on here called it the 8FL, so to be clear for you I mean all the current ones and not the about to be in dealers facelift cars.
Ahhhh :)

Cool.. I also mixed up you and confused you with the OP when replying haha

Yeah think so too. Well Sepang is out of the equation for The FL so... Easy choice :wink new:
Well I'm gonna be on my own here...I am getting a sepang facelift....long story but audi are paying for my exclusive paint......as I want a sepang and only a sepang car!

Reactions: pburv, j0nny2013, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
Cannot believe they have stopped sepang on the FL.

Reactions: Daz4311
Cannot believe they have stopped sepang on the FL.
Chill...... Audi deleting sepang blue can only help to keep the existing car looking that little more desirable,to used car buyers

Reactions: j0nny2013, Simon L, SpeedyFrog and 3 others

Spot on that man :)

I like V-spokes a lot but they definitely don't suit all colours. Couldn't help but notice a lot of V-spoke wheels at my dealers today across the entire range.............are they making a comeback?? lol