2.0 tfsi K03 conversion to K04 remap needed

Carterleeds

Reaction score
hi guys i have a 2005 a3 2.0 tfsi ko3 but have since done a full k04 conversion turbo injectors etc...

i need help with the remapping of it... so i have a few questions

1. im not sure how far i can drive it on the stock k03 map to get it maped im in leeds btw...

2. is there any portable maps i can buy like superchips?! i have contacted them but they cannot help....

3. has anyone else done this conversion and have a map i could possibly copy with intent to purchase of course lol...

any help or advise welcomed

Last edited:
Should be "okay" to drive abit am guessing. Id get a revo or apr remap. Just remeber if your on a stock clutch it well pretty much die after 0.1miles of the remap being applied.

In your part of the country I'd go to Rick at Unicorn and get it done properly.

You need a custom map on the rollers with major engine mods you have done. As said before 'Clutch' dept needs addressing. It's all money, money, money i'm afraid.

Reactions: S3Alex
thanks for the replies guys...

i think my main issue is getting the car from A to B to get it mapped..

i have spoken to a couple of companies that says its ok to drive try not to go over 4000k and just keeps it steady. i may just tow it though just to be safe lol

what ive noticed is in america you have a lot of companies providing diy mapping over the net e.g. unitronic, cobb access port, delicious tuning and many others which is handy for people like me, working in their garages and just needing a base map to get from A to B...

You need a custom map on the rollers with major engine mods you have done. As said before 'Clutch' dept needs addressing. It's all money, money, money i'm afraid.

what have you done to yours and whats the power youve got?

tbh i dont want mad power just something safe and usable for now, so possibly the equivalent to a stage 1 s3 power for now

Haven't mapped this car yet but done many previous cars in the past. I've always had a custom map to get the best out mpg,power,smoothness and the only way is to have it done properly and by a recommended tuner.
You'll be OK driving the car as it is but do drive it sensibly.

what have you done to yours and whats the power youve got?

tbh i dont want mad power just something safe and usable for now, so possibly the equivalent to a stage 1 s3 power for now

Soot1 has given some very good advice.

A custom map would be the best route as your modification is not exactly a routine setup.

DIY or net mapping is all very well but without a rolling road or real road testing and logging under load isn't possible and means the setup will be limited.

Your problem aside from the clutch will be your engines rods which aren't as strong as the S3s so you want a map without torque spikes giving you a smooth delivery with your larger K04.

I echo what soot and S3 alex have said, you have to limit the map if you're only on stock rods for which you'll get the best results with a decent tuner and custom map - think my map is limited to approx. 420nm from what I've logged on the dsg gearbox though I don't need it limiting now post CDL swap