Probably going to regret asking such a stupid question..

seakay

Reaction score
.. but why am I struggling to get my key out the ignition? I put it in Park turn the key off but it doesn't go to the remove position. I then have to turn it back a click then back another two clicks and it comes out.

This is quite probably something very elementary (or me simply being fick) but it's getting on my nerves. Any suggestions as to wtf is going on here?

Oh and that's my only criticism of the car after an utterly fantastic 8 days of ownership and 800 miles - what a machine :)

That's wierd if it was bought from a dealer take it back for them to inspect as that does not sound right when key in off position should just slide out.

German engineering

My s-tronic has done this a few times. Happens when I come to park up in the drive, put into R pull up the drive and apply the brake. It then goes into S/S mode before I've changed to P. If I try and turn the key and pull out it won't. I need to turn ignition back on and off again to get it out. Not sure if foot is still applied to the brake or not.
Could this be it?

Or as I've been doing.. Stop. Turn off engine. Engage Park. Can't remove key!

Good job I used my 'fick' disclaimer, all in the world is well again.

Reactions: Terminator x and Scottyg
Did this tonight as @terminator x said and all is well. I've been doing the above without putting on the EH. Last two cars with EH I didn't need to put it on to get key out.

Reactions: Terminator x
Terminator is right. When I put mine in the garage I never engage the hand brake and this is the only time I have to turn the ignition back on to get the key out. Never realised that was why until now.