Facelift Post Pics Of Your Facelift A3/S3 8V In Here

spotted this FL S3 in daytona on instagram this morning

Reactions: audi_1001, David83S3, Simon L and 3 others
You just wanted to get me jealous didnt u lol

...........everyone's jealous of Robbo's car he's got everything but the kitchen on it ***!! lol

Reactions: NevMan, MKC, azibux1 and 4 others
This thread makes me want mine even more :(

Only ordered last week though so It'll be a while (estimated October).

A3 Saloon S Line S Tronic 2.0 TFSI Quattro (190PS)- I've gone for Daytona Grey, added Technology Pack, S Sport Suspension, Nappa Leather (in Rotor Grey), Heated Seats, Advanced Key, Hill Hold Assist, Parking System Plus and Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror. I'd have liked to go to town on the options list, but the above gets me a better specced car than my current A4 without it costing me the earth.

Anything I've really REALLY missed off the spec list guys? Still got chance to amend my order as the status hasn't changed to confirmed yet!

Reactions: MKC, Rob2k68 and SpeedyFrog
...........everyone's jealous of Robbo's car he's got everything but the kitchen on it ***!! lol
I have everything but the puddle lights on mine lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, SW14NY'S, Simon L and 2 others

A3 Saloon S Line S Tronic 2.0 TFSI Quattro (190PS)- I've gone for Daytona Grey, added Technology Pack, S Sport Suspension, Nappa Leather (in Rotor Grey), Heated Seats, Advanced Key, Hill Hold Assist, Parking System Plus and Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror. I'd have liked to go to town on the options list, but the above gets me a better specced car than my current A4 without it costing me the earth.

Anything I've really REALLY missed off the spec list guys? Still got chance to amend my order as the status hasn't changed to confirmed yet!
Audi Sound System or BOSE Sound System.

Reactions: Rob2k68
You might have a point, I have Audi Sound System in my A4 and I do like the added bass over the normal speaker set.

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
Of course ! Pics are part of the package lol
I have a build week of 35 so a few weeks yet, not coming quick enough. Its my 1st Audi but i have wanted one for over 10 yrs and the wait is killing me

I am also BW35 and it will also be my first Audi and ditto about the wait!

Reactions: Karen O', Simon L, Rob2k68 and 2 others

go for the aluminium inlays light design (£200) got em on mine. if you look earlier in thread you'll see my pics. you get em in front and back doors too. looks great at night as all the interior is now white LED on the FL S Line

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, SpeedyFrog and 1 other person
go for the aluminium inlays light design (£200) got em on mine. if you look earlier in thread you'll see my pics. you get em in front and back doors too. looks great at night as all the interior is now white LED on the FL S Line

i have a very similar car ordered.
Was also tempted by - light design trim, Audi sound, the new alloys - none of which break the bank

Reactions: gripross, Simon L and Rob2k68

I really like those - can feel a retrofit coming on ;o)

Reactions: MKC, gripross, SJ43 and 3 others
I was gonna spec that and didnt :-( wish I had now

Ditto. Big job you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I'm thinking (hoping) it's pretty much remove your old ones bolt on the new ones and tap into the interior handle release ambient lighting circuit.

Reactions: MKC, Daytonapig, SJ43 and 1 other person
No I'm thinking (hoping) it's pretty much remove your old ones bolt on the new ones and tap into the interior handle release ambient lighting circuit.

Sounds a plan if that's that's the case. Do you not think the trim indent would be slightly wider to accommodate for the lighting strip?

I spec'ed it then removed it because I was not completely sure what it was :-( Although my initial understanding was correct... Too bad. Having said that I saw it last week end on a FL A3 and £200 for 4 x 20cm of light under the Alu inlays is, errr, how to put it gently taking the mickey...

Sounds a plan if that's that's the case. Do you not think the trim indent would be slightly wider to accommodate for the lighting strip?

I'm thinking Audi would keep the door card common and machine a small pocket in the aluminium inlay to accommodate the light strip - could do with seeing one up close. Having said that if they're £200 as an option and having seen costs to retrofit other items compared to speccing them in the first place (folding mirrors, reverse cam) it could be silly money to buy as parts and never happen !!

Reactions: SW14NY'S, CrypticMG and SpeedyFrog
I spec'ed it then removed it because I was not completely sure what it was :-( Although my initial understanding was correct... Too bad. Having said that I saw it last week end on a FL A3 and £200 for 4 x 20cm of light under the Alu inlays is, errr, how to put it gently taking the mickey...
This is it. Little strip of light. Under the Alu Inlays at the front and back.

Attachments

• Alu-Inlays-LightJPG.JPG
    Alu-Inlays-LightJPG.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 514
Reactions: NevMan and Rob2k68
Nice, but not for 200 notes. The old ILP option was only 170, now included in most specs anyway so here they are trying to extract the money another way. I think there's a danger of too much bling/light on the inside too, especially if you pick b&o as well as this.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and SpeedyFrog
So, based on the advice in here I went to the dealer to see about adding Audi Sound System to my build, which obviously upped my payments (a little), I then out of the blue received a finance quote from another dealership about the S3 Saloon I'd specced up a month ago (the same as my A3, except I obviously didn't have to spec full leather, Audi Sound System, or S Sport Suspension). This deal was within £5 per month of the A3.

Needless to say, my order has now changed...

Reactions: NevMan, MKC, Scottyg and 2 others
Yeah suppose so when u put it like that lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and SpeedyFrog
Yeah suppose so when u put it like that lol
well, let's say the pricing is in line with Audi's habit of fleecing its customers... £700 for front/rear sensors (joke), £300+ for rear view cam, extortionate pricing on wheels, charging to switch from chrome styling to black styling, £300+ to get brake callipers painted red, i could go on and on :)
Before someone says why I buy an Audi S3, well, I like the car but it doesn't mean I'm 100% ok with their pricing strategy :)

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06, Scottyg and 2 others
well, let's say the pricing is in line with Audi's habit of fleecing its customers... £700 for front/rear sensors (joke), £300+ for rear view cam, extortionate pricing on wheels, charging to switch from chrome styling to black styling, £300+ to get brake callipers painted red, i could go on and on :)
Before someone says why I buy an Audi S3, well, I like the car but it doesn't mean I'm 100% ok with their pricing strategy :)
I know exactly where you are coming from mate, then when you take it back they look at the book price and give you the bottom line regardless of options.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Long time lurker, first time poster. Collected last Saturday (23rd) S-Line 1.4 TFSI COD S-Tronic in Tango Red with the Sound and Comfort pack (rear parking sensors, heated front seats & B&O speaker upgrade)

have to say that the 8V looks great from every angle. i've had mine for 2 months now and still love looking at the thing. great shade of red, i too love the B&O ;)

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Rob2k68
bargain for £200 for 4 sets on a 4 door car obviously. i wonder if its cheaper for a 3 door as they only have 2 doors to do but knowing Audi it will be same price

I know exactly where you are coming from mate, then when you take it back they look at the book price and give you the bottom line regardless of options.
i agree with both of you...cost me £900 for upgraded alloys. But really they should allow me some money back for the standard wheels that i'm not having fitted and just pay the difference for the new ones. But thats not how it works is it?

likewise speedy..i wasn't sure what they were until car arrived but as i'm sure you know my car was originally going to be Wakefield Audi's showroom car so they had ordered quite a few options on it and when it arrived it was a pleasant surprise to see what they actually were.£200? yes not cheap...but £900 for the alloys deffinately taking the mickey

So, based on the advice in here I went to the dealer to see about adding Audi Sound System to my build, which obviously upped my payments (a little), I then out of the blue received a finance quote from another dealership about the S3 Saloon I'd specced up a month ago (the same as my A3, except I obviously didn't have to spec full leather, Audi Sound System, or S Sport Suspension). This deal was within £5 per month of the A3.

Needless to say, my order has now changed...
so do i take it that means you were getting an A3 but now getting S3 for similar money?

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Scottyg

Options options some do make a difference to residuals and even more so to a private buyer Stronic,technology package,bang&olufsen,pano-roof folding door mirrors,the rest forget it..especially driving aids like the drivers assistance package and upgraded alloys etc

@glasgowdubber that's why you need to be very carefully what colour combo you pick. The 2.0 TFSI S-Line to some will be as far as they will go in performance terms. 190bhp in an A3 is still pretty quick. Not S3 fast but plenty fast for everyday driving.

Options options some do make a difference to residuals and even more so to a private buyer Stronic,technology package,bang&olufsen,pano-roof folding door mirrors,the rest forget it..especially driving aids like the drivers assistance package and upgraded alloys etc
Totally agree but the cost of these options is still over the top! But hey ho they know we're suckers for them... lol

Totally agree but the cost of these options is still over the top! But hey ho they know we're suckers for them... lol
I only went for b and o and folding mirrors, I don't really know what the tech pack does now? We have the 7 inch high res screen as a standard along with sat nav. So it just sounded like a waste of £1000

Nice, that extra no where adds up to £1000 in my eyes though! Mayby £300 at a push