St1 re map

southylad

Reaction score
I have a st1 remap on my 07 s3 8p and an intake kit and i get the usual turbo flutter on throttle closure but also get it on boost and not sure if im loosing boost any advice would be great thanks

I have a st1 remap on my 07 s3 8p and an intake kit and i get the usual turbo flutter on throttle closure but also get it on boost and not sure if im loosing boost any advice would be great thanks

The best way is to have the car logged,and look at requested Vs delivered boost,and also a leak test.

The DV can sometimes chuff a bit under boost,as boost is trimmed under load(my car used to do this a bit with the K04),but you should get it checked if you are concerned,as the DV is a known weak point,on some of the earlier models,if it hasn't been changed.

Reactions: southylad
R tech fitted a brand new rev g on mine and it flutters ON boost most of the time.. pulls like a train.. i doubt nikki would have let it out of the dyno room if there was a problem.. sounds very interesting with all of the flutter on and dump sounds when coming off.. and the whooooosh during !!

Im generally holding on for dear life to worry to much about it..

Reactions: kash_v and southylad
I asked about this at VRS and Awesome and they said normal and not to worry I get it sometimes between 3 and 4K revs

Reactions: Hookmonster and southylad
The best way is to have the car logged,and look at requested Vs delivered boost,and also a leak test.

The DV can sometimes chuff a bit under boost,as boost is trimmed under load(my car used to do this a bit with the K04),but you should get it checked if you are concerned,as the DV is a known weak point,on some of the earlier models,if it hasn't been changed.
I have a forge dv kit here to fit might try that

I have a forge dv kit here to fit just not got round to it yet might try it

If you have the kit,by all means try it,but as a few of us have said,the noise can be normal under load.

If you're losing power etc,then it's worth checking.

I have one of the old Forge DV's on mine,still going after nearly 7 years.

If you have the kit,by all means try it,but as a few of us have said,the noise can be normal under load.

If you're losing power etc,then it's worth checking.

I have one of the old Forge DV's on mine,still going after nearly 7 years.
Been out in it today feels ok now must ov just been me will try the dv next anyway whats yours sound like and was it easy diy fit