Recommendations for an alloy wheel sealant.

Firstname_lastname

in ur base killin ur doodz
Reaction score
So i pick my FL S3 up on Friday. Other than taking the stickers off, glue off and washing the dirt off the PDI centre won't be touching it. Originally i was going to get a local detailer to ceramic coat the paint from day one, however It was going to work out to be too costly (seeing as my detailing habit already absorbs most of my "pocket money").

My idea is that I'll enhance the paint and seal it properly from day one, and its going to very easy to keep that way. The only I lack at the moment is a decent alloy wheel sealant, which i am going to apply before the wheels have even had a chance to get brake dust on them.

On an unrelated note, i bought a 0ppm water filter, as the water in the North East very hard and will alway leave water spots on the bit of paint you somehow miss when drying your car, I am pleased to say it's fantastic, and other than degrading very quickly (I am getting a 30ppm next time) I really don't have any complaints.

Reactions: scotty76
Autofinnesse mint wheel rims

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@Firstname_lastname - CarPro DLUX is a similar product to Gtechniq C5 but better value for money and more versatile IMHO
afro.gif

(£22.50 for 15ml ((or £42.50 for 30ml)) of C5 versus £24 for 30ml DLUX)

http://www.carpro.uk.com/cquartz-dlux-plastic-rubber-and-alloy-coating/

If you want something a bit easier to apply I would recommend Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine

http://www.planetpolish.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=5

Great value too. My first bottle lasted over 3 years!

Its so easy to apply & the finish is top notch. Sooooooooooooooo slick!
Apply with enclosed applicator, let cure for 20mins. Buff off with clean MF. Done

3 coats 20 mins apart will give you a min of 6 months protection

More here -
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/alloy-wheel-wax-sealant-recommendations.257911/#post-2663183
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/best-wheel-wax.250695/#post-2532267

Reactions: Scottyg
I use CarPro Reload. Use it all over the car to be fair. Works extremely well. £18 for 500ml. 50ml does the full car and the wheels.

Good luck keeping the S3 flawless. Had two black cars and will never have another one.

I use CarPro Reload. Use it all over the car to be fair. Works extremely well. £18 for 500ml. 50ml does the full car and the wheels.

Good luck keeping the S3 flawless. Had two black cars and will never have another one.

This will be my 3rd successive black car (I never learn) and yes they are a nightmare to keep clean, this time will be different however, if i do it right at the beginning it wont take all weekend to keep it looking spotless like it usually does... i am sure my wife will pleased too.

Reactions: Scottyg
Echo what @Bristle Hound says DLUX lasted well on my wheels. Also have Wheel Seal and Shine which is cheap and effective.

What 0ppm filter did you get or did you buy a DI Resin Vessel?

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Supaguard wgeel sealant spray or Simoniz wheel sealant but mainly on silver wheels

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone for your advice, I ended up getting some CarPro DLUX, I also got a Gtechniq C1/C2 kit for the rest of the paint, IPA in bottle spray format and a 10 microfibre cloths. I wasn't going to seal the car properly myself, however i have seen the results of Gtechniq C1 on my friends A45, which is Cosmos Black, Like me he loves cleaning his car, and had never applied anything to his car other than compound/polish/wax, so he's going to supervise me applying the C1 to my S3... wish me luck

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
Carpro DLUX is utter crap! It offers ZERO protection. I applied it on mine and it just causes the brake dust to STICK to the wheels and makes the wheels a nightmare to clean.

And I did all the correct prep and application.

Carpro DLUX is utter ****! It offers ZERO protection. I applied it on mine and it just causes the brake dust to STICK to the wheels and makes the wheels a nightmare to clean.

Thanks for the heads up, i might try it on my wife's Golf first (I clean the damn thing anyway) and if it doesn't work out get some GTechniq C5. I really want my new S3 to be spotless from day one without having to spend most of the weekend cleaning it (although i will probably end up missing the routine)

Carpro DLUX is utter ****! It offers ZERO protection. I applied it on mine and it just causes the brake dust to STICK to the wheels and makes the wheels a nightmare to clean.

I think you might have an issue then...I applied CarPro Cquartz, not even the stronger DLUX version on one wheel after it was refurbished and it does a great job. Just as good as C5 which is on the other 3 wheels...

I've seen and read lots of good things about LiquidElements R-Evolve. Will be using that next myself.

Reactions: scotty76
Done mine in SiRamik SC15 and makes them a doddle to clean. Ceramic coating them is the only way forward as any wax or sealer will wear away over a few weeks. SC15 will last many many months.

Reactions: SJ43
the lad I work for is a Gtrchniq authorised detailer and we use it all time with no issues what so ever!! I will be costing my new wheels in C5 as soon get my new s3

I used Chemical Guys Maxcoat Wheel Guard. This is very easy to apply and has definitely made cleaning the wheels easier, don't have to use a rough brush on the wheels to get any dirt off at all.

Carbon Collective Platinum wheels for me. They clean up with just a snow foam and pressure wash, with a light splosh over with a mitt too.
Only issue for me is I used most of the bottle doing one coat, but I kind of get that as they're a matte finish so almost absorb the product as you apply it!

Nanolex, easy to use simple to apply and you can use it on paint, plastic and wheels.

I used a combination of race glaze nano sealant every two months or so and a coat of FK1000P every month - I only have to clean my wheels with shampoo or snowfoam as a result.

FK1000p for me too

Great product! Pretty cheap & durable

Looks very nice on silver paintwork too

Reactions: Cuffy
Agreed, and you pick up a panel pot for around £4 which lasts for ages on wheels.