Facelift Colour Doubts

Swany

Reaction score
Newbie here, 1st post, go easy and all that I've took the plunge and ordered a S3 Sportback in Glacier White, due for delivery October time.

I'm now having second thoughts.... I quite like the Tango Red but not 100% sure it would look good on Sportback. Other colour I'm considering is Nano Grey but can't find any proper pics of this. The white is a safe bet as my wife currently has a Q5 in Glacier plus I've seen others in the flesh.

Biggest issue probably is, I'm not sure about having 2 Glacier White cars in driveway and thinking I would be nicer with a different colour for a change.

Any views, wisdom, pics would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and Rob2k68
Welcome along. You've opened a huge can of worms with this opening thread.
I'd say leave Nano alone. A lot of talk on here about it being very difficult to maintain and being a disappointing colour.
I really like both the glacier white and the red. Have a look at Floret Silver. Very nice silver that I love, slightly biased from me.

Again, Welcone to ASN

Reactions: Swany, batch, pburv and 1 other person
Welcome along. You've opened a huge can of worms with this opening thread.
I'd say leave Nano alone. A lot of talk on here about it being very difficult to maintain and being a disappointing colour.
I really like both the glacier white and the red. Have a look at Floret Silver. Very nice silver that I love, slightly biased from me.

Again, Welcone to ASN
floret with BSP+carbon mirror caps :hubbahubba:

Reactions: Jassyo06, batch and pburv
Unfortunately Floret isn't an option as my wife crashed a Silver car 10yrs ago and reckons it's a jinx!!

Might be a good thing from an alloy damage point of view if she refuses to drive it

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Newbie here, 1st post, go easy and all that I've took the plunge and ordered a S3 Sportback in Glacier White, due for delivery October time.

I'm now having second thoughts.... I quite like the Tango Red but not 100% sure it would look good on Sportback. Other colour I'm considering is Nano Grey but can't find any proper pics of this. The white is a safe bet as my wife currently has a Q5 in Glacier plus I've seen others in the flesh.

Biggest issue probably is, I'm not sure about having 2 Glacier White cars in driveway and thinking I would be nicer with a different colour for a change.

Any views, wisdom, pics would be greatly appreciated.

Its one of those where you just gotta go with yer gut mate! Sure most of us changed our minds half a dozen times before deciding ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, Swany and pburv
I currently have a Glacier White saloon and at the end of Sept. the missus will be getting a Nevada White car.Personally can,t wait as it lets me off having to clean two cars every weekend..White hides so much. :hopelessness:

Reactions: Swany and Simon L
Glacier with BSP and carbon mirrors works wonders!

Reactions: Jassyo06, stan1000, Scottyg and 7 others
Its one of those where you just gotta go with yer gut mate! Sure most of us changed our minds half a dozen times before deciding ;)

Gut is telling me stay White but Tango keeps playing on me!

Reactions: Simon L and pburv
If Suzuka Grey was available at a decent price then there would be no discussion!!

Reactions: Simon L, SpeedyFrog, MattSedg and 2 others
Gut is telling me stay White but Tango keeps playing on me!

Go for Panther Black Crystal....best colour imo
250bbdcb6c3fcac1f1d119a84154350d.jpg
6630e54e512bb563eb4a40242b46c586.jpg
f2d589f62442858c130eef5217cc8431.jpg
9f6dd2055f96be18976cc9a3bbefe963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Whitestar, pburv, Scottyg and 3 others
For now there's no BSP for the UK market...
Nano Grey is a marmite colour plus it'll show scratches easily. It's quite flat.
Glacier White and Floret Silver are nice and easy to maintain.
Cosmos Blue, Navarra Blue and Blacks will take some elbow grease to keep looking good.
Tango Red looks nice enough.
Days of Thunder is a stellar colour :whistle2:

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
What's the Panther Black like to keep clean?

For now there's no BSP for the UK market...
Nano Grey is a marmite colour plus it'll show scratches easily. It's quite flat.
Glacier White and Floret Silver are nice and easy to maintain.
Cosmos Blue, Navarra Blue and Blacks will take some elbow grease to keep looking good.
Tango Red looks nice enough.
Days of Thunder is a stellar colour :whistle2:

Not a fan of the Navarro, Sepang on the other hand if available would of definitely got me away from Glacier.

Just worried Tango is a bit too Burgundy.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
What's the Panther Black like to keep clean?

It's black so you know what to expect....but mine is a doddle as I have a CQuartz Ceramic applied so the dirt just falls off it using a good Snowfoam ...well worth investing in a decent hydrophobic coating whatever colour you opt for.

But once the sun comes out its stunning have a look at my vid here

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Swany and Simon L
Not a fan of the Navarro, Sepang on the other hand if available would of definitely got me away from Glacier.

Just worried Tango is a bit too Burgundy.
deeper reds have more presence about them on the road to me, catch my eye more, look the business

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Scottyg, Simon L and 2 others
It's black so you know what to expect....but mine is a doddle as I have a CQuartz Ceramic applied so the dirt just falls off it using a good Snowfoam ...well worth investing in a decent hydrophobic coating whatever colour you opt for.

But once the sun comes out its stunning have a look at my vid here

Any black is NOT easy! Panther is stunning though!

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L and SW14NY'S
Any black is NOT easy! Panther is stunning though!

Very true btw...but it's worth it when it looks like this, even if it is for a very short time ....Go Daytona Grey if you don't like cleaning your car

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Swany, batch and 1 other person
However if you do then daytona rewards you...

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Swany, Simon L and 1 other person
Very true btw...but it's worth it when it looks like this, even if it is for a very short time ....Go Daytona Grey if you don't like cleaning your car

Love your reg, jealous!!

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and SW14NY'S
Especially in that last pic...looks very whitish

lol................yeah what's that all about?? :haha:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and SW14NY'S
I love my Glacier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pook and SpeedyFrog
Go Vegas Yellow
bd7853a8d1c20dff7b124563d4ed805f.jpg

Reactions: RS3 S., Jassyo06, SpeedyFrog and 3 others
Reactions: SpeedyFrog, MattSedg and SW14NY'S
I think we're onto something here. Who's going to be the first owner of a Vegas Yellow FL S3 (any shape) on this forum?

Reactions: batch, Simon L and SW14NY'S
I think we're onto something here. Who's going to be the first owner of a Vegas Yellow FL S3 (any shape) on this forum?

I think it's a great colour option for the S3....and at £550 it's a bargain! What better way to get noticed other than Solar Orange
765b320b1de7480a262a780c534ed73b.jpg

Reactions: RS3 S., Jassyo06 and Simon L
lol................yeah what's that all about?? :haha:

its his wifes car - he briefly mentioned it in the post (confused me temporarily!) - I have ordered tango red and I would defo say it is more of a cherry red - but certainly more red than burgundy

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Simon L
I think it's a great colour option for the S3....and at £550 it's a bargain! What better way to get noticed other than Solar Orange
765b320b1de7480a262a780c534ed73b.jpg

I could do Solar Orange (maybe Java Green even) but probably not Vegas Yellow.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Sepang sepang l had tunnel vision never gave any other colour a second look

As for the OP....splash out and get a exclusive paint... Or Daytona as silver is out of the question

Reactions: Swany, SpeedyFrog and Kugaman1
An exclusive colour is the only way to make the car that bit more special! Many S3s will be sold with the standard colours. If I could have waited a bit longer I'd have gone exclusive! But Audi UK have been moronic with some options not available yet like BSP, exclusive colours.

Reactions: Swany, SW14NY'S and Jassyo06
Daytona grey, or racing mica blue if exclusive

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Black = full time job to keep it clean.

White/silver easy to keep clean :)

Reactions: Swany and SW14NY'S
The futures bright, the futures......:tearsofjoy:
Not everyone can handle it....

Attachments

• IMG_20160616_230715.jpg
    IMG_20160616_230715.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 243