Facelift Looking to order...

Kuku

Reaction score
Hey guys, sister is looking to get the SLine Saloon and I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping you can help with:

1) Seats: what does the standard cloth seat in S-Line look like and is it worth getting the Alcantara upgrade? Have seen the bolster creases thread & that's just poor in my eyes!

2) Suspension: the S-Line standard is 'Sport Suspension' how is it in real life? Should she deselect for Dynamic? Only thing is I'm sure the S-Line looks better side on with the Sports suspension and surely it's not that bad?

3) Anything that should be a no brained tick like the 'Comfort and Sound Pack' for example?

Such a shame Sepang and BSP have vanished for now...no doubt they'll be back in a couple of months!

Thanks in advance!!

PS it does become quite a pricey car when ticking a few extra boxes

Last edited:
Audi options do seem VERY expensive, thankfully the cars have plenty (enough?) standard kit.

My experience with MINIs is that a lot of people spend thousands on extras. These extras add next to no value to a car when trading in after two or three years. Something to consider if she is paying for the car herself.

Reactions: Kugaman1 and Kuku
Hey guys, sister is looking to get the SLine Saloon and I have a couple of questions which I'm hoping you can help with:

1) Seats: what does the standard cloth seat in S-Line look like and is it worth getting the Alcantara upgrade? Have seen the bolster creases thread & that's just poor in my eyes!

2) Suspension: the S-Line standard is 'Sport Suspension' how is it in real life? Should she deselect for Dynamic? Only thing is I'm sure the S-Line looks better side on with the Sports suspension and surely it's not that bad?

3) Anything that should be a no brained tick like the 'Comfort and Sound Pack' for example?

Such a shame Sepang and BSP have vanished for now...no doubt they'll be back in a couple of months!

Thanks in advance!!

PS it does become quite a pricey car when ticking a few extra boxes
1) I decided to stick with the standard seats. They look good and are comfortable.
2) I was also nervous of harsh suspension so I test drove a PFL SLine and found it perfectly fine so have stayed with the standard set up.
3) I have got a bit carried away with the Audi bling. See my order below.

Reactions: Kuku
For the suspension you really need to drive it yourself and make a decision as people have waaaay different ideas of what a harsh ride is.

I'd recommend you/your sister get a test drive on the PFL as said above and make your decision based on that rather than what people tell you on a forum, as I'd tell you sport suspension is best but then I'm a 24 y.o male who loves fast cars and isn't bothered by bumps in the road (unless they're ****** potholes!). After driving an R8 on the road it puts the A3s sport suspension into the comfortable zone lol - All subjective ;)

Reactions: richinsoton and Kuku
I have the heated seats in my S3 with the leather, I collected the car last March and can't recall ever having them on! If the standard seats are cloth in the part where you rest your body, I can't see any point in having them! Unless you live in a very cold country.

Reactions: Kuku
Thanks all, appreciate the the input. Managed to get a test drive earlier on in the FL Sportback on the standard sports S-Line suspension....it's absolutely fine. Much better than my S-Line A4 of many years ago.

Just got to finalise a few ticks that she'd like as her plan is to keep car for a few years.

Just to keep this updated - car all done dusted and sister ordered earlier this week. Been quoted end of Oct for delivery so now the wait begins

Reactions: pburv
Just to keep this updated - car all done dusted and sister ordered earlier this week. Been quoted end of Oct for delivery so now the wait begins
Great news...Is it a saloon or sb?

She went for saloon - provisional build date of wk40 - quite surprised how quickly she's been given the build date.

Reactions: rasA4 and pburv
The FL suspensions are different from PFL. Standard suspension on the s-line is not S-line suspension from the PFL. If you get my drift. To get that suspension you need to tick the box that says drop 15 or 25mm over standard sport. Not like Audi to make things more confusing!!
Glad your sisters got it sorted. What's the spec?

Thanks Scottyg...

She ended up ticking fair few things
Mythos Black
10 spoke wheels
Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
Privacy Glass
Folding Door Mirrors
Technology Pack Adv
Comfort and Sound Pack
Driver Assistance Pack
Rear Parking Camera
Hill Hold Assist
Alcantara

Sure there's some overlap in the packs which clever Audi don't reduce the price on if specd.