Stage 2+ 1.8t boost issue

Darren A3 1.8t

Reaction score
Ive taken all stage 2 parts of my old car which was accident damaged but running perfect. Ive now installed them all on my a3 but got a problem with the way she boosts now and was wandering if anyone had any ideas as to what it might be.
old car used to build boost to 1.5bar and tail off to about .9bar now on the new car it will boost to about .8bar till about 5000rpm then boost goes up to 1bar till redline
any ideas?
could it be acuator as was forge before and now standard?

Have you changed the ecu Aswell?. If not your running standard boost pressure?.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Reactions: IPG
Yeah changed the ecu over. Im thinking boost leaks maybe? just would have thought it would hit .8 bar and stay there rather than increase at the top end of the revs.

still cant figure this out. Since last post done a boost leak check and all was ok changed n75 and know difference maf reading around 170 under load no error codes.
What else could be stopping the car from going past .8 / .9 bar in the mid range as it will go up to the correct 1bar at the top end???

Ive only got the torque app not vagcom might be the only option just dont know anywhere around swindon to take it.

Not tried the maf yet would it still give the high reading of 170 if faulty?

170 g/s is about 210 BHP isn't it? are you expecting 250+ for stage 2? is the silicon TIP kinked?