Wheel & Tyre insurance

chrisbin

Reaction score
Whats the current feeling on this?

Been quoted £481 for 3 years cover which alloys 5 wheel claims, and 5 tyres....

Wheels in question will be the double spoke titanium 20" Black Edition jobbies, which I cant think will be cheap to repair...

Appreciate people's views?

How many times can you claim for repair or the rims? and I'm guessing tyre cover is for punctures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it's just for tyre damage not replacement if just worn out. You can claim for 5 wheel repairs.
I've since looked around and similar cover can be bought elsewhere (not surprising).
Just don't know if it's worth it as I can imagine the claims process is probably a pain....

You can have a wheel properly refurbished at a cost of around £50-70 per corner.

In my 35 years plus of motoring, Ive only ever damaged one tire - catching a petrol pump island which had a metal edge and which took a chunk out the sidewall.

I was offered it on my S7 and declined. Ive also changed the alloys, so the insurance would have been voided anyway as I understand its only applicable to the OEM wheels as supplied.

Your choice I guess. You could use the money for something else - like a professional paint protection detail :racer:

Unless you're a prolific wheel curb'er, then I find this type of insurance pointless. Saying that, my missus tends to do mine in, I've probably done 3 wheels in 10 years?

Of course I should have clarified that it would be for the Mrs, not me.... ;)

I've just had my Mercedes wheels done ready for trade in. Chose to have them 100% painted rather than diamond cut. Really pleased with them, especially as 50% of cost!