Regal tuning remap

crf150

Reaction score
I came across Regal Tuning on Facebook and asked them what sort of gains I would get from my 09 A4 Avant 143bhp, they came back with Approximately 185bhp 420nm and 10mpg improvement, it's £180.

Has anyone been to regal tuning and had a good or bad experience ? Any advice would be great, also if you could put down where you went to have your car remapped (preferably the same bhp as mine) and what difference you got that would be great.

Thanks !

Power and torque figures sound about right can't believe you will get 10mog extra though. I think regal autosport have been around for a while.

I did think the mpg was a bit optimistic, and it is regal tuning not regal autosport, I don't think they are the same company, is it worth deleting the EGR and doing bits to the exhaust before the remap or could this be done after ?

Egr delete always worth it , poor car rebreathing it's own sooty exhaust gasses.

These gasses are diverted from spooling the turbo .

Engine oil stays cleaner for longer .

I was going to do an egr delete anyway but does it make a difference if I do it before or after ? Like if got it remapped and then done a dpf delete and backbox delete or something along those lines, would it need to be done before the map or can you do it whenever

If you disable / block the Egr before it s mapped it will throw a fault code. Just ask them to delete the Egr when it's mapped.

i thought if you delete the EGR without getting rid of the DPF it blocks up ?(DPF that is)

I have been running with a deleted EGR for 30000km and no problems with DPF.

Rightly so , an egr feeds sooty exhaust gasses into the engine induction which makes the exhaust gasses even more sooty that the dpf would have to deal with.

Egr disable / blanking /delete , gives you .

And earlier turbo boost .

Cleaner engine oil .

Cleaner dpf .

Just out of interest why did Audi design it that way? Genuinely interested.

TX.

it even says on the darkside website if you delete the EGR it blocks the DPF as the DPF cycle uses the a signal from the EGR? this is just what I'm going by and seen it quite a few place maybe @bobby singh or @desertstorm can answer this ?

Terrible experance with regal, I would avoid if I were you. Would not let them fix a scateboard.

You should be careful with turning off egr when a car has dpf not all are happy. The egr is used as part of the regen process on some models.
To avoid hassle i recommend do both at the same time.

Reactions: Gazwould