A3 oil chage due

saudi

Reaction score
Got warning "Oil change due in 400 miles". Car has done 18000 miles and is less than 2 years old.

What do I need, just oil and filter change or minor/major service?

Called local dealer and he quoted £212

But when I looked on their website it states: (http://www.lookers.co.uk/audi/servicing-parts/servicing-prices/)

Interim service £159
Our interim service is available at a fixed price of £159 and includes:

• Fluid levels check
  • Exterior and underbody visual check
  • Interior and electrics inspection
  • Written condition report
  • Audi Service history stamp/record
  • Oil filter replacement
  • Engine oil replacement
If interim service includes filter and oil replacement than what are they charging £212 for?

Got warning "Oil change due in 400 miles". Car has done 18000 miles and is less than 2 years old.

What do I need, just oil and filter change or minor/major service?

Called local dealer and he quoted £212

But when I looked on their website it states: (http://www.lookers.co.uk/audi/servicing-parts/servicing-prices/)

Interim service £159
Our interim service is available at a fixed price of £159 and includes:

• Fluid levels check
  • Exterior and underbody visual check
  • Interior and electrics inspection
  • Written condition report
  • Audi Service history stamp/record
  • Oil filter replacement
  • Engine oil replacement
If interim service includes filter and oil replacement than what are they charging £212 for?

I had a similar situation, check the price quoted isn't for cars over 3 years old.

The website does not mention anything about age of car.

If the car has done 18K in two years it should really have had a service last year at 12 months. The service interval setting has not been changed for your low mileage.
First service is usually about 200 quid.

£212 is about right, mine was £206 for its first service.

What you saw:

Screenshot www lookers co uk 2016 08 16 16 29 04

Reactions: glasgowdubber
Yep, newer cars pay more for servicing. No idea why. And if your car is set to long life it will also be due an inspection. If you haven't already had one. It will just be oil and filter, pollen filters are not changed until 38,000 miles now.

200 pounds is a bargain for a oil change and inspection, here in Hong Kong we are held over a barrel by the one and only stealer in town.
Hence I changed my own oil and filter on Monday, then used VCDS to reset the intervals, I know mechanically my car is fine and codes wise because I have VCDS. I do miss out on the stealer recorded mileage, but our Audis no longer come with mileage logbooks, it's all computerized.
Pollen filter, air filter were changed by myself a few months earlier and brakes too. So hopefully good to go for another 6 thou clicks.

Reactions: Rob2k68
If the car has done 18K in two years it should really have had a service last year at 12 months. The service interval setting has not been changed for your low mileage.
First service is usually about 200 quid.

I thought for a car on variable (long-life) servicing that this looks about right? Only if you are on fixed servicing is a service required every 12 months?

I think something needs to be done (any lawyers on here?) to stop dealers charging more to service cars that are more than 3 years old! An absolute disgrace that they can just make up prices like this.

I thought for a car on variable (long-life) servicing that this looks about right? Only if you are on fixed servicing is a service required every 12 months?

Correct. If doing less that 10k per annum the car should be on fixed (12 month) servicing.

Yep, newer cars pay more for servicing. No idea why. And if your car is set to long life it will also be due an inspection. If you haven't already had one. It will just be oil and filter, pollen filters are not changed until 38,000 miles now.

Mine had the pollen filter changed at it's first annual service (13k miles) 6 months ago.

I think something needs to be done (any lawyers on here?) to stop dealers charging more to service cars that are more than 3 years old! An absolute disgrace that they can just make up prices like this.

It's actually the other way round. Service costs tend to be cheaper for cars over three years old with fixed prices and price matches applying. Does seem rather strange.
But then it's a free market and newer cars are more likely to be brought in for dealer services without price encouragement.

Reactions: richinsoton
Correct. If doing less that 10k per annum the car should be on fixed (12 month) servicing.

Why is that? Fully synthetic oil does not need changing after 12 months.

Oh yes it does , fully synthetic even if LongLife isn't snake oil .

I change mine every 6 months with LongLife.

I had the oil change due countdown come up and it had got down to 21 days. We went on holiday, it went up gradually over the week and after around 1000 miles it had gone back up to 40 days by the time we got home!

Afraid that's not proof Gazwould, as that photo doesn't give any indication of the type of engine, fuel used, oil used, total mileage, mileage between oil changes, etc, etc.

Reactions: KenL and Arcam
My supplying dealer (Derby Audi) wanted £390 for an interim service.

True , so you're happy with LongLife intervals .

Personally, I have no problem with them, however, I do keep a close eye on the visible condition of my oil when checking the level and, as my A3 is a lowly 1.4COD, I certainly wouldn't expect to see the oil deteriorate to the same extent of that in a diesel engined car.

Saying that, my previous Merc was a diesel on LongLife intervals, and never experienced any engine problems after 75K miles when I sold it.