What S3 offers have people had?

Bog standard S3 saloon MY16..
8K deposit 5k miles per annum over 48 months @ £270...
Had front and rear sensors fitted by dealer full tank of fuel. Oh not forgetting the fancy leather key ring...lol

Reactions: SW14NY'S
I thought they come with 19" as standard?

Looks not, though it looks like you get full leather with the S3 which I've not spotted when browsing the Audi site before and not appeared on any of the existing lease quotes. Test driving on Tuesday along with a 4 series. Will see what Tamworth have to offer on a PCP or 2 year lease. Don't think I could keep one more than 3 years, current A3 has only lasted 20 months before getting a bit bored. Love the car just fancy an upgrade and quite like the facelift and the extra MMI toys

Reactions: pburv
I thought they come with 19" as standard?
I think the S3 saloon still comes with 19" and magride as standard...?
I haven't really looked at the FL brochure...Why would I ...lol

Reactions: rasA4 and Jassyo06
I think the S3 saloon still comes with 19" and magride as standard...?
I haven't really looked at the FL brochure...Why would I ...lol

Yes, as per the approx. £2k additional cost over the SB. You get nothing for nothing with Audi ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and pburv
DSC 0017
Yes, as per the approx. £2k additional cost over the SB. You get nothing for nothing with Audi ;)

Worth the money if only for the looks...I can assure you the mag ride is worth it though...:friends:

Reactions: rasA4, SpeedyFrog, Pook and 5 others

Yeah I got excited when I saw that then saw the price difference... Is mag ride worth the money?

Yeah I got excited when I saw that then saw the price difference... Is mag ride worth the money?
If you ask me then the answer is Yes....:yes:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, SW14NY'S and 1 other person
If you ask me then the answer is Yes....:yes:

Totally agree, it's subtle but significant. My SB doesn't have it but I test drove a RS3 with it, and found it worthy :)

Obv. 'standard' on my incoming S3 saloon order, but I would have spec'd it on a SB without question had I chose another. I wouldn't have another without 19s so wouldn't have had a choice anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Totally agree, it's subtle but significant. My SB doesn't have it but I test drove a RS3 with it, and found it worthy :)

Obv. 'standard' on my incoming S3 saloon order, but I would have spec'd it on a SB without question had I chose another. I wouldn't have another without 19s so wouldn't have had a choice anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My car was a cancelled order so I had no choice in options...When I had the choice of three S3's they had in stock I instantly took a shine to the saloon.So I went home and did a little homework on the 8v models and noted that Mag Ride was standard from my15 onwards.When I had the opportunity to take it for a test drive I asked the salesman if it had mag ride and his reply was 'sorry it's an optional extra that's not on this car'
You should have seen his face when I showed him the settings on the mmi....:haha:

Reactions: rasA4, SpeedyFrog, Gordo77 and 4 others
@pbruv why do sales people not do their homework before taking a customer out? Does my head in.

Reactions: TDI-line, glospete, SpeedyFrog and 2 others
@pbruv why do sales people not do their homework before taking a customer out? Does my head in.
In fairness they do have a lot of different model types to sell...But I do get your drift..It must be embarrasing for them when a customer knows more about a particular model than them...lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog and Scottyg
In fairness they do have a lot of different model types to sell...But I do get your drift..It must be embarrasing for them when a customer knows more about a particular model than them...lol

In fairness l could run circles around my son with Audi things but it doesnt stop him selling them...most punters know what they want before they enter the showroom....he/salesman just add a little banter...etc etc..first rule..of a salesman....find out what they can afford and push it a little....its all about making the client feel good at that point....hardest sell is when they bring the wifes with them...lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, SW14NY'S and 2 others
In fairness l could run circles around my son with Audi things but it doesnt stop him selling them...most punters know what they want before they enter the showroom....he/salesman just add a little banter...etc etc..first rule..of a salesman....find out what they can afford and push it a little....its all about making the client feel good at that point....hardest sell is when they bring the wifes with them...lol
Lol..Have to agree...My missus was at home when I made the deal.....:whistle2:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L and Jassyo06
@jassyo06 My Mrs never comes with me. Hates car shopping. One of my favourite pass times. Hence why she doesn't know I'm trying to chop her MINI in for another one next week. :whistle2:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
@jassyo06 My Mrs never comes with me. Hates car shopping. One of my favourite pass times. Hence why she doesn't know I'm trying to chop her MINI in for another one next week. :whistle2:
Lol...Your a brave man....:sadlike:

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Lol..Have to agree...My missus was at home when I made the deal.....:whistle2:

Mine will be at home but there will need to be a bit of an approval process providing can get a decent deal out of them. Hoping that the discontinuation of the 184 TDI apart from in Quattro/S Tronic form adds a few £ to a potential sale value

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and pburv
As long as it's not too different she's not even likely to notice, apart from the fact it'll be very clean inside!!
Ha Ha...Might be worth transfering the plates...lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, Scottyg and 1 other person
Honestly after having a car say 2 years..they take a trip to a dealership wanting a new...yin wife in hand...and together there told your in ex amount of neg equity...£???it usually goes all Pete Tong.....not all the time just most of the time....lol...

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L and pburv
...........well my missus came with me to demo and was more adamant we bought the car than me................so stick that in yer pipe n smoke it!! lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06 and pburv
...........well my missus came with me to demo and was more adamant we bought the car than me................so stick that in yer pipe n smoke it!! lol

Jet lag over.... Remember.... Ye weren't allowed the colour ye wanted.... Ergo... Suntan man

Download

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and Simon L

Did the sales guy offer her any optional extras...? :D

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
Filthy buggers the lot of yer!! lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
We get it...mate yer a bit rusty/laggy with the snazzy comebacks but am sure it'll come together soon...lol

............not tonight I fear.........just about keeping me eyes open!! lol

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, pburv and Jassyo06
So a rather wasted trip to Tamworth Audi. Didn't have the facelift S3 to drive so took out the older one and came back with figures of £500/month over 48 months on a PCP and didn't bother quoting on a lease. Looking at the figures they generated they'd not taken anything off the car at all, despite trying to play the "I've seen it cheaper elsewhere card". Disappointed

Reactions: TDI-line, pburv and SpeedyFrog
So a rather wasted trip to Tamworth Audi. Didn't have the facelift S3 to drive so took out the older one and came back with figures of £500/month over 48 months on a PCP and didn't bother quoting on a lease. Looking at the figures they generated they'd not taken anything off the car at all, despite trying to play the "I've seen it cheaper elsewhere card". Disappointed

If you're serious then get a carwow etc. quote, see if they'll match it - if not then you can choose whether to proceed via one of the internet quotes / get monthly figures from those dealers too. It costs you nothing to ask :)

Reactions: pburv and SpeedyFrog
Why am I not surprised?
In my case from the moment I set foot in my closest dealership and test drove an A3 1.4 COD and S3 Saloon I was upfront with them and said I'm not buying a car at full retail price. I'm going to shop around and when I get a quote I'm ok with then hopefully we can work out a deal. because I'd rather buy the car from you. Their answer: Sure no problem. Came the moment when I got a quote I was interested in from an online broker. Got back to the dealer with the proof and asked if they wanted to match the quote (or at least offer me something I could work with). "Let me check with the manager" was the answer. 24h later (yeah right how long do you need to take when a customer wants to buy a £40k+ car...) his answer was point blank "No we can't do it. Here's your £1000 deposit back" (deposit that had been with them for almost 2 months as a proof of me being serious about doing business with them). I was gobsmacked to be honest! Not so much about not wanting to match the online broker quote but rather about not even trying at all to get my custom!!
Another one kept sending me PCP quote with numbers that didn't even made sense... And when I was telling him. I told you I can get much better he kept sending the same quotes (non- sensical) showing a higher deposit from me to get the monthly payments down!! lol
But it's like in life in general. Some people care and are good at their job (incl. car dealers) and some other just suck balls!

Reactions: TDI-line and pburv
It seems like car salesman are very different nowadays. I remember when my parents were looking to buy cars they'd get hounded by the salesman for weeks after trying to do a deal, even when you just went for a speculative look around. When I was buying I'd struggle to get anyone to call me back, I had to chase them until I just gave up in the end, surely they want the business more than I want to buy?

Anyway, I think it's worth going with a broker which is what I did (not for an S3) but they undercut every single other quote id had from any main dealer by some way. The dealer was about 70 miles away but they gave me a full tank of fuel and delivered it for free so it didn't bother me.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog
Why am I not surprised?
In my case from the moment I set foot in my closest dealership and test drove an A3 1.4 COD and S3 Saloon I was upfront with them and said I'm not buying a car at full retail price. I'm going to shop around and when I get a quote I'm ok with then hopefully we can work out a deal. because I'd rather buy the car from you. Their answer: Sure no problem. Came the moment when I got a quote I was interested in from an online broker. Got back to the dealer with the proof and asked if they wanted to match the quote (or at least offer me something I could work with). "Let me check with the manager" was the answer. 24h later (yeah right how long do you need to take when a customer wants to buy a £40k+ car...) his answer was point blank "No we can't do it. Here's your £1000 deposit back" (deposit that had been with them for almost 2 months as a proof of me being serious about doing business with them). I was gobsmacked to be honest! Not so much about not wanting to match the online broker quote but rather about not even trying at all to get my custom!!
Another one kept sending me PCP quote with numbers that didn't even made sense... And when I was telling him. I told you I can get much better he kept sending the same quotes (non- sensical) showing a higher deposit from me to get the monthly payments down!! lol
But it's like in life in general. Some people care and are good at their job (incl. car dealers) and some other just suck balls!

So frustrating isn't it....I've found I got the best deals by going through the retentions dept. with my dealer that supplied my car. Gave me a good trade in price and the best discount, far better than online sites even.

I did deal with another dealer who was doing some figures on the E-Tron. When I pointed out that it was more expensive than my S5, despite being the old model, he tried to justify it by saying I'll make up the difference in saved fuel and tax....when I politely told him I would have to be clinically insane to spend more money financing a hybrid A3 than a S5, I think he finally realised he wasn't going to get the sale he wanted....

Reactions: pburv and SpeedyFrog
Best offer so far was VESource. 9+23 in Tango Red with Rear Sensors, Folding Door Mirrors and Dimming Rear View at £295.40/month. Excess mileage seems a bit high at 13ppm mind.

Be interested to hear what terms and specs you got for that price and the deposit you put down[/QUOTE

Sorry just seen this, so just looked at the original quote and can see I'm financing mid £28k, I've put £2k down so by my man maths that's a £6k contribution overall (£36k ROTR - Privacy glass, STronic, Rear parking sensors, high beam assist with diming mirror, Daytona), they've left Guardx and alloy/tyre insurance in there as well which I really don't want added to the finance and hopefully they'll let me take it out so I can buy it elsewhere? 10k miles/48 months.....If I come out of this car before 2/3 years I'm pretty sure my Mrs will give me the boot! 6p/mile excess mileage so could pop t down to 5k if needed as the Mrs will be using it in the week

Sorry just seen this, so just looked at the original quote and can see I'm financing mid £28k, I've put £2k down so by my man maths that's a £6k contribution overall (£36k ROTR - Privacy glass, STronic, Rear parking sensors, high beam assist with diming mirror, Daytona), they've left Guardx and alloy/tyre insurance in there as well which I really don't want added to the finance and hopefully they'll let me take it out so I can buy it elsewhere? 10k miles/48 months.....If I come out of this car before 2/3 years I'm pretty sure my Mrs will give me the boot! 6p/mile excess mileage so could pop t down to 5k if needed as the Mrs will be using it in the week

Yea you can get rid of any of those add-ons. The Guard-X is a complete wast of money but I actually found the alloy insurance brilliant. Especially if you have diamond cut wheels. My dealer threw it in for free, but it was £109 for 2yrs. I've already had one wheel completely refurbished to brand new through a company of my choice and got reimbursed £110 for it. I get 6 of those per year....

Yea you can get rid of any of those add-ons. The Guard-X is a complete wast of money but I actually found the alloy insurance brilliant. Especially if you have diamond cut wheels. My dealer threw it in for free, but it was £109 for 2yrs. I've already had one wheel completely refurbished to brand new through a company of my choice and got reimbursed £110 for it. I get 6 of those per year....

The Mrs does like getting close to the kerb so will likely keep the alloy wheel ins but just pay outright rather than it costing me interest, I know its only pennies...

The Mrs does like getting close to the kerb so will likely keep the alloy wheel ins but just pay outright rather than it costing me interest, I know its only pennies...

Better yet, ask for it for free. Don't ask don't get :p

I think the worst bit was that his price was coming out at more than the Audi finance calculator was! Generally didn't want to know after saying what quotes I'd had online etc. Was a case of flat out not interested, told him I'd brought my current A3 from them right from the start expecting some kind of existing customer offer. £500 quid for gap insurance and £150 for alloy insurance which didn't cover diamond cut wheels...
Won't be using them again for sales or service. Off to Derby (Sytner I think) over the weekend to see what they can do. They've been recommended by a few people I know and a mate just ordered his S3 through them so here's hoping!

Previously on the older car the average discount was around 9% circa 2014/2015 the closer the facelift came it did rise to around 12/13% all via comparison websites,the majority of Audi franchise's don't buy into them,there's none up on Scotland anyway needless to say dealers will directly offer better deals as this year progresses as interest on the facelift diminishes

Previously on the older car the average discount was around 9% circa 2014/2015 the closer the facelift came it did rise to around 12/13% all via comparison websites,the majority of Audi franchise's don't buy into them,there's none up on Scotland anyway needless to say dealers will directly offer better deals as this year progresses as interest on the facelift diminishes

Hopefully. I'm in no rush to change so happy to wait for the right offer to come along. Once thing I did just notice was that the optional final payment on the Audi finance calculator is much more generous than what the dealer had on the finance quote. Differed by around £2k, and the dealer quote had the options on! Am I right to assume that the dealer GFV will be more accurate that what's published on the Audi website?