Boosting problems

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,

My S4 over the weekend would only boost to around 8 then dropping quickly to 4 or 5. For the duration i never really pushed the car hard.

On sunday it had a mad half hour on the M1 on my way home and was boosting and pulling like it used to! But now its back down to around 4 or 5 on boost guage and the car isnt pulling well at all.

I have checked my TBB and F hose and both appear ok. Ran vag com and my EGT on bank 2 has failed. (only just replaced bank 1 3months ago!)

MAF is only 2months old.

Cant hear any obvious leaks, even had my girls head out of the windows whilst driving, not safe but very funny for me!

Worried now that maybe one of my turbos has stopped working? Still hear a spool up noise when driving the car.

Is there any other hoses etc anyone can please point out for me to check?
I've briefly looked at the spider hose where i can see it in situ and appears ok.

I recently replaced my ECU but the car did the boost drop a couple of times with old ecu in and was working fine with new ecu in for a few weeks.

regards,

WWW.CONFUSED.MAN!

could be, faulty actuator on one of the turbo's, faulty knock sensors, faulty electronic boost control valve, amongst other thigs, i would start by getting a scan on the ecu for any faults, use vagcom or go to a $tealer.

Just because the MAF is 2 months old doesnt mean it hasnt failed again.
Try the MAF, also car could be in limp mode

As stated mentioned in 1st post, only fault vag-com is bringing up EGT sensor on bank 2. new one on order.

Have cleared the fault codes only for the same one to come back.

How do i bring the car out of limp mode if it is in one??

Dan

sorry, i was rebuildiung my mates computer while surfing on here so wasn't paying full attention. my fault.

When I had a couple of small holes in my boost pipes, the car just didn't really boost at ALL.

Was like driving a 'normal' V6 with the NOISE of two whistling turbos.

If the car has gone into limp mode it is because the ecu is reading a fault and it considers it detrimental to the engine to continue being used with that fault. If the faulty EGT sensor causes the car to go into limp mode you can't get the car out of limp mode until the fault is cleared.
Doesn't the readings from the EGT affect the cars fueling?
Is the EGT sensor not causing the car to behave as it is?

John