No boost

Ant181

Reaction score
hi all just picked up a 2001 s3, air mass was unplugged was told it was broken so I ordered a new one (non gen) when I first plugged it in it ran rubbish after a couple minutes it runs fine but! When I drive the turbo doesn't kick in atall my boost gauge reads 0.2 bar? I have looked for boost leaks can't find any, when I unplug the air mass the feels really quick and also runs fine, I have ordered gen coil pack diversion valve and air mass meter from auto to the cost of a fortune I hope this fixes my problem but I'm worried it won't anyone else has this problem ? Or know how to fix ps it has a few samco hoses

Need to buy a Bosch MAF... either one from somewhere like GSF or a dealer

Then get the car scanned for fault codes (info on doing this yourself can be found in the FAQ's)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Ant181
I have ordered the parts from Audi sorry

Did you say in another post you fitted the MAF the wrong way around?

<tuffty/>

Did you say in another post you fitted the MAF the wrong way around?

<tuffty/>
Yea after it wouldn't run the first time I wondered if it was the wrong way round started it and it just cut straight out

It's funny how some people are quick to change the maf, without trying to clean it first, sometimes it's just a dirty maf that needs a blast of brake/carb cleaner, always worth a try before you go spending on unnecessary parts.

It's funny how some people are quick to change the maf, without trying to clean it first, sometimes it's just a dirty maf that needs a blast of brake/carb cleaner, always worth a try before you go spending on unnecessary parts.

A scan for fault codes is always first... MAFs fail all the time... they should be considered a service part... cleaning them only 'helps' if they happen to be covered in oil which can happen but MAFs are a weak point and worth while changing if the history is unknown as its one of the most important sensors the ECU has

<tuffty/>