Audi Sound System - subwoofer settings?

mightychipster

Reaction score
Hi

Searched the forum but could'nt find the answer so here goes....

I have the Audi sound system and I can adjust the base, treble, fader etc but I haven't got the option to adjust the subwoofer settings, is this right?

MC

Last edited:
Quite sure you should. From what I've researched. Have you checked you deffo have ***. Check for the sub in spare tyre well and centre speaker on dash...if none you got standard. If yes, maybe it's not been coded in... VCDS needed to check the coding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite sure you should. From what I've researched. Have you checked you deffo have ***. Check for the sub in spare tyre well and centre speaker on dash...if none you got standard. If yes, maybe it's not been coded in... VCDS needed to check the coding...

I have the new FL S3 with Audi Sound System. The subwoofer is in the boot and a speaker in the dash towards the windscreen. You can also see that in the sound settings (2nd picture) there is no subwoofer settings. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 20160827_101105.jpg
    20160827_101105.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,973
  • 20160827_101154.jpg
    20160827_101154.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3,428
Last edited:
There are no subwoofer settings on any of the Audi sound systems as far as Im aware - I don't have it on my Bose equipped S7 either.

From what Ive read, Audi preset the subwoofer crossover at 100Hz, and the only adjustment is via the bass and volume control.

Reactions: TimWills28
That's weird I've deffo seen settings on the pfl maybe they've removed it and done what RAF_S7 has mentioned

My 2013 A3 saloon WITH subwoofer adjustment and wife's 2016 A1 Black Edition WITH subwoofer adjustment. Both cars show it on the same screen as treble, bass, balance, fader settings.

Thank you to all for the confirmation
yeah but that's not the right view, there's another Audi sound setting, that looks more like a carousel where you can adjust the Subwoofer level.

I got my settings tweaked just right, finally where it sounds decent, below a B&O equipped audio.

I'm starting to think the main set back to the Audi Sound System vs B&O is that Audi limits the volume level to 30 max, where as B&O can go much higher.

Luckily my songs are all high quality so I rarely venture past vol 26, unless I want to become deaf .

The B&O speakers although also made by D&M but they're more sensitive than the *** speakers, they're decent for what it is I guess. And with the B&O, you get the 15 channels and much stronger amp than the *** built in 180W...

For me, I swapped the center and rear tweeters with B&O so far and there is definitely improvement already. The center although the same 4 ohms 20W as the ***, but being more sensitive, it helped with louder and clearer mid which the *** lacks the most. And the rear tweeters give better highs and moved the soundstage forwarded a little, I guess coz they're right behind you and they're louder clearer than the ***?

I have the the front B&O tweeters and mids, but due to lowest ohms that the *** amp can handle, I can only run them in series with the front bass in parallel if I want to do it. Still undecided if it will be worth the trouble.