exhaust system

Cvetko

Reaction score
hey,

which exhaust system would be good for 1.8t aum (k03s). Don't want to spend much neither to buy one cheap.
2.5" or 3"? After exhaust I'm going to do chip/stage 1, so around 200+ hp, right?

thanks

I went for a 3" custom system with a decatted downpipe with 2 silencers, sounded awesome. i made 213bhp at badger5, with the exhaust, s2000 filter and creation motorsports intake (not recommended, but came with the car)

What about some exhaust with certification e (TUV)? Cant find any?
thanks

Try and find a used miltek, save a few quid and get a good system
In the process.

I had a ta technix system on my old ST170, nicely made and a good fit, very good price too.

you will need to find a sympathetic MOT station with a downpipe and de-cat / there are loads of suppliers with 200 CEL cats - even 100 CEL may potentially pass but 200 CEL took about 10 minutes of 4K RPM - before the Green Light.

I had my system made and fitted, Friday just gone, by a powerflow outlet.
2.5 with a sports cat and twin tips,I fitted my 3" dp myself to save labour charges.

The system fully fitted with lifetime guarantee and made the way i wanted was 500 all in.

I've done the decat thing in the past and I have to say that there is nothing worse than failing an mot and having to undo work you have done to pass it. This is my first sports cat and I feel comfortable that I will not have a problem (cross fingers) when going for my mot.

Also from a certain year of manufacture you have to have type approved cats for road use

Yep from 2001 on, sports cat has to be really hot before it will pass the mot, as said, lots of engine thrashing, which is not always good on an old engine.