Pics Required............please.

RS5 JON

Reaction score
Hi A6 owners, I'm looking for some pics form owners of A6's with exterior door handle LED lighting.

Pics I require are of the front door handles lit up, in the dark, if possible and about 5-7 feet from the car.

Thanks for any pics in advance.

JG

Sorry - not the best shots as the car is in the garage (as it is lashing it down here and the wife's car is parked in front of the garage door, and not dark outside as yet). Pics taken in the garage with no interior lights on.

The lights look a lot better in the picture than they actually are in person. The light is quite feeble from a distance, it does help you locate the handles. When you get the door open the puddle lights take over the light to a point where you cannot see the lights in the handles.

With my car, if the dipped lights have been on when the car was just turned off (light switch in Auto position) the door handle lights will come on. When I unlocked the car in the garage tonight the door handle lights did not illuminate.

Hope this helps - if it ever stops raining will get the pics from outside at a distance when dark.

Martin

DSC 0151
DSC 0153

Reactions: RS5 JON
Remembered your post when out in the car last night. Not sure if these were what you were after.

Jolly good. May I enquire as to why you wanted them? To help with a decision on the lighting pack or some retro fit idea?

Jolly good. May I enquire as to why you wanted them? To help with a decision on the lighting pack or some retro fit idea?

Retro idea Tips, bought an A5 door handle and I'm attempting to fit LED into it, them I'll fit LED's to my own door handles. A5's don't have them, so it'll be a winter project to get them fitted.

JG

I see. Well good luck fella.
Don't forget to post your successes, and failures, up for others to learn from. :)