S line special editions with 100k plus mileage, avoid or still a good buy?

Gog

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking for a b6 avant sport as I know the engines and running gear go for a long time if looked after. But after dragging the family on a 5hr round trip yesterday to look at my 7th I've come to the conclusion the spec and condition (ie no rust beginning on the arch lips) , just doesn't seem To be available.

So I'm now considering the b7 avant, s line special edition. There are a number available between the 6-8k with most on just over 100k.

As with the pd130 in the b6 are these engines good for 200k ? as I'd be looking to keep the car until it dies.

With most being sold at around 100-120k is this clutch replacement territory? Or anything else I should be concerned about at that mileage?

Apart from ensuring the injectors were replaced under recall, anything else I should be aware of?

We did own a b7 s line saloon a few years back which we loved, but sold when the balance shaft issues began.

My old b7 2.0tdi 140 was on 165k when I sold it 2 years ago, done a mot check the other day and still going strong past 200k by current owner. My mate had same car but with the blb engine and sailed past 220k till he sold it last year. I'd try go for a later one on a 2007 plate were the oil pump failure is less common. Regular servicing is a must to get maximum life out the engine. I have a 2.0tdi 170 now for the past 2.5 years, other then the dpf I had no problems. Chopped the dpf filter out and had a remap and pulls well for a 2.0.

Bought my 2006 b7 Avant s-line special edition with 100k on the clock a couple of months ago

Paid just under 5k and its had 2 owners, has full Audi service history, 1 years mot, loads of receipts etc...

I was quite lucky as the dealer took it in as a part ex and only really deals in diesels so just wanted to get rid of it quick

I'd say definitely a good buy. Got mine in July with 120k and its been a pleasure to drive since.

Just make sure it's got service history and the usual things have been done and you'll be happy you made the purchase!

If you do all the checks and it had history and your happy then go for it.
i bought mine last April with 103k & full history first thing i did was cam belt, oil pick up pipe and its a real pleasure to drive

Hi mate
I'm looking to sell mine if interested
2007 special edition,89000 miles