Error code po411!!! Help please!

Haribo1986

Reaction score
Hi guys, help required, looking at a 2002 Audi a4 1.8t sport but coming up with error code po411. Is it worth the £400 I've been offered it for or should I just leave it? Really not familiar with audis that much so don't really know what it would involve. Cheers!!

All the air pump does is trick the cat, its supposed to enhance cat warm up times but its a sneaky way of tricking emissions, surprised they haven't been jumped on for it, then again all the manufacturers do it,Oh.........wait a minute did someone mention vw emissions?lol

The guy has mentioned that it runs a bit lumpy when first started due to this problem, would that be right or could there be more problems? Cheers

You need to scan it with vcds to really get answers

The guy has mentioned that it runs a bit lumpy when first started due to this problem, would that be right or could there be more problems? Cheers

The engine will be able to draw unmetered air through the split secondary air injection pump making it run lean, ie lumpy but only while the pump is in operation. All air for the pump is drawn from air box.

Must be the only one on the planet then. It's all in the name secondary air injection pump SAIP, it pulls filtered air from the airbox, it's then pumped to the back of the cylinder head and into the rear exhaust port via the Kombi valve which is vacuum operated. It's widely reported that it only operates for around 90 seconds on first start up but it will function whenever the cat temperature drops, easily noticed by the headlights momentarily dimming on idle at a junction/ roundabout etc.
There are absolutely no exhaust gases recirculated on the 1.8t, only blow by gases from the crankcase via the PCV system.

There yet go I learnt something new it's the combo valve I mistook for egr.