carbon clean

73pop

Reaction score
At what miles would this be worth doing??

What are you looking to clean - I'm thinking you're talking decoking the cylinder head and valve seats ? Not sure if this is such an issue on modern engines coupled with the advancements that we have with fuel additives.

Reactions: pburv
What are you looking to clean - I'm thinking you're talking decoking the cylinder head and valve seats ? Not sure if this is such an issue on modern engines coupled with the advancements that we have with fuel additives.
Yes that. i am having unicorns stage 2 next week just wondered if it would be worth doing before.

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv
Yes that. i am have unicorns stage 2 next week just wondered if it would be worth doing before.
Only worth doing if your car has high mileage ie 70k..
Worth doing if you had the older 8p tfsi engines as they had a tendency to coke up quite badly especially around the valves..

Reactions: Rob2k68 and 73pop
Thought the ea888 gen 3 had multi port injectors helping to reduce carbon build up.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Cool i will leave it then no point wasting money.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Cool i will leave it then no point wasting money.

Good call - only worth doing if there's a problem like burning oil or loss of compression. Or if doing some pretty savage head work gas flowing, porting, bigger valves, stronger springs, etc.

Reactions: pburv and 73pop
Yeah there is no point as the latest engines have port and direct injection.

Reactions: Rob2k68